Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking What's that smell???

So, I was entering the locker room after a killer workout and as I walked in, I was hit with this strong but familiar odor, and I couldn't quite place it, but knew I definitely smelled it before. I get around the corner and there is this poor girl standing in front of the mirror with a flat iron, trying to straighten her permed hair. I chuckled to myself because I realized the smell was the smell of burnt hair, and that it was familiar to me because about a year ago, I was doing the same thing. As I showered, dressed, and touched up my freshly co-washed hair, and walked out of the locker room, while that poor girl was still in there burning her hair, I thanked myself again for making the decision to be "napptural" and sticking with it.
    Last Relaxer: 6/09
    1st BC: 12/09
    2nd BC: 7/2010
    Current Style: Spring is almost here! Letting my fro show!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I hear you girl. I have a similar story when I walked into a salon of all natural hair beautiful hair. this women wad natural for 3 years and wore her hair out naturally in very beautiful Afros. As she showed pics of her hair being natural for so long. She decided to press her hair she loved the pressed looked of her natural hair but she got tired of the napptural texture she then decided to continuteto pressed and relied that the natural hair is not for her n go down the block to the Dominicans for a PERM OHMY GOD I couldn't believe it I was liked you know your hair is beautiful why do you press it? she replies yes but I feel it does not fit me and my life style and where I work! ??? I asked where do you work if you don't ind me asking. She said she works as a call girl on the weekends. A student tues thru Friday and works part time as an Medical Biller in an hospital... Still then I was puzzled on why her natural hair did not fit her work or lifestyle but..... I sense she was confused and unsure of what she wanted to make a long story short. I bumped into her on my way to get my eyebrows done again and she couldnt not look me in the eye and try to hide her hair. This women is now wearing LACE FRONT WIGS.... Conversation done.

Im natural I feel beautiful and I love my HAIR.. I'm happy I mace the decision as well and I'm sticking with it.
    Last edited by Cocoa97; 10-31-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well dang, Did you say anything to her? That would have been a good moment to just say, it smells like your hair is burning...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha @ Mochachina35: Been there done that...My daughter used to always warn me @ flat ironing dirty hair but it was in the middle of the week and not hair washing day! Duhhh!!
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work out Monday through Friday before class and I smell this in the locker room as well lol. Nothing feels better after a nice strenuous workout than a hot shower and a freshly washed head of locs. Love it !! I start off the day all invigorated and feeling totally fresh .

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown.Beautiful View Post
    Well dang, Did you say anything to her? That would have been a good moment to just say, it smells like your hair is burning...
    Brown.Beautiful,

I would have, but this was the same girl that made some funky comments to me right after I BC'd and I decided that it was best that her and I not discuss hair anymore before someone (her) gets their feelings hurt. So I just let her burn the "ish" outta that mess..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie McPretty View Post
    I work out Monday through Friday before class and I smell this in the locker room as well lol. Nothing feels better after a nice strenuous workout than a hot shower and a freshly washed head of locs. Love it !! I start off the day all invigorated and feeling totally fresh .
    I know what you mean! I work out over my lunch hour (our building has gym facilities) and I love being able to go back to work, freshly showered, and a clean smelling head! It's so much easier now that I'm nappy. I LOVE it!

kell is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cocoa97, the call girl could just stick to lace front wigs, I think her hair is the least of her worries.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa97 View Post
    LOL I hear you girl. I have a similar story when I walked into a salon of all natural hair beautiful hair. this women wad natural for 3 years and wore her hair out naturally in very beautiful Afros. As she showed pics of her hair being natural for so long. She decided to press her hair she loved the pressed looked of her natural hair but she got tired of the napptural texture she then decided to continuteto pressed and relied that the natural hair is not for her n go down the block to the Dominicans for a PERM OHMY GOD I couldn't believe it I was liked you know your hair is beautiful why do you press it? she replies yes but I feel it does not fit me and my life style and where I work! ??? I asked where do you work if you don't ind me asking. She said she works as a call girl on the weekends. A student tues thru Friday and works part time as an Medical Biller in an hospital... Still then I was puzzled on why her natural hair did not fit her work or lifestyle but..... I sense she was confused and unsure of what she wanted to make a long story short. I bumped into her on my way to get my eyebrows done again and she couldnt not look me in the eye and try to hide her hair. This women is now wearing LACE FRONT WIGS.... Conversation done.

Im natural I feel beautiful and I love my HAIR.. I'm happy I mace the decision as well and I'm sticking with it.
    Whaaa? Doesn't fit her work or lifestyle??? First of all, I work for a very, VERY conservative law firm. I am a paralegal to two partners. I have worn everything from permed, to braids, to weave. Now that I wear my hair natural, I receive compliments almost every day on how nice I look. If I can be napptural, surely, she can be napptural as a call girl and Medical Biller. Heck, I get most of my compliments from the caucasian men at my firm, maybe she needs to keep her napptural look and pick up a few rich, white clients. Because everyone knows, they love them some beautiful brown women!

10. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post