User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  8

View Poll Results: How long have you been loced????

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • loced 0 to 5 years

74 61.16%
  • loced 5 to 10 years

37 30.58%
  • loced 10-15 years

9 7.44%
  • loced 15-20 years

0 0%
  • loced beyond 20 years!

1 0.83%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cheleski68 View Post
    Thanks for this thread Net. I needed it too, Cherie taking hers down did me in. I feel like everyone is jumping ship! lol!
    Oh no...say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by sharynleigh View Post
    I've had my locs since 2003 and the thought of removing them has not entered my mine. My brother, who was my loc mentor, removed his 11 yo locs this past summer. He is now sporting a baldie and my sister who is six years loc'd has cut hers to shoulder length. Fallen soldiers, but I am standing tall.
    How long did her locks get before she cut them to shoulder length?

I am still new at this, (I'll be 7 months in about 2 weeks)but I don't have any plans to cut mine or start over from scratch with a second set. Like some of you have already stated, I'm in it for the long haul.

I had this type of conversation with one of my classmates last weekend and told her something similar. If I did part with my Sisterlocks, it would be due to circumstances beyond my control. I would still only have a twa and grow it out long enough to lock it up again. I've already determined that that time frame for me would be 3-6 months.

sometimes I regret not locking my hair sooner, but I know that I was not ready because several times I tried and each time I took them down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAST CHEMICAL FIRE CREAM: AUGUST 12, 2005
    BIG CHOP: DECEMBER 14, 2005
    BIG CHOP #2: DECEMBER 1, 2011

[URL]http://www.public.fotki.com/shortycocoa[/URL]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, so you mean to tell me that only 3 folks on the loced side have been so between 5-10 years....

no 15 year? no 20 year locs?

Thats it?????

Has it always been this way on the nploc side.....

We need to recruit dogonit....lol

...looks like most are in the 0-5 years stage, I mean I know I'm in good company but DANG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loose to sisterloced-->8 YEAR NAPPIVERSERY OCTOBER 2011!!!!
    http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/

3. Likes Msretta liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, most lock vets move on. There are about 10-12 waves of new lockers each year and each wave brings it's own personality. For better or for worse, the vets grow weary and usually check out.

5. Likes Msretta liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnaisKarim View Post
    ^^^ I think people with really long/mature locs may just not be that interested in hair boards anymore. I know I really don't spend much of my NP time looking at/reading about/asking questions about hair. So maybe they just missed this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheleski68 View Post
    Yeh, most lock vets move on. There are about 10-12 waves of new lockers each year and each wave brings it's own personality. For better or for worse, the vets grow weary and usually check out.
    Oh I see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    loose to sisterloced-->8 YEAR NAPPIVERSERY OCTOBER 2011!!!!
    http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that more mature locers move on. I doubt that I will be around that often once I get older in the game. I am just shy of 21 months ( 1 year and 9 months) I see more loose haired naps and I wonder what my hair looks like but I'll just play with my new growth. Its alot of work to get to this point and I don't think I want to ever to through it again. (minus a major illness) I'll be around
    http://public.fotki.com/Bklyn78/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first set was 3 years old.
    Second set was little under a year before I had to cut them..
    third set 6 years old.
    forth set is coming
    So all together I have had locs for 10 years

I think vets move on. I will be honest, until I became loose I didn't spend much time on the loc boards.Although I would read and try new things every now and then, my routine was pretty set. In fact I spend more time here since I have not been locked...lol . I'm sure when I embark upon my new loc journey, I will be here looking for new tips and inspiration.

Last edited by Nappilocs; 11-04-2010 at 03:21 PM.

^ This is my happy place

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In February of next year it will be 9 years for me and I don't ever intend to take them down. The loose hair that needs the retighting at the root is enough loose hair for me. I feel the loose hair at the root and think, "ooohhh, okay...nice".
    Like others have said, I will NEVER miss wondering what I'm going to "do" with my hair every morning. I love not worrying about getting my hair getting wet in the rain, (I loooove walking in rain w/o an umbrella) or having the wind blow my style apart, or wearing protective styles to maintain length.
    I can't express the freedom that my locks give me, I could go on and on...I get up in the morning and barely even think about my hair; it actually FALLS in place when I sit up in bed. Come ooonnnn ya'll...What more could I ask for?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I JUST got here--my locs will be 1 month old on Saturday but DANG--I love this. I love this and I'm in the baby stage.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AnaisKarim View Post
    ^^^ What?! You chopped your locs? Did you mention that somewhere and I missed it?
    Yup I did a thread on it.. I combed them out about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
    In February of next year it will be 9 years for me and I don't ever intend to take them down. The loose hair that needs the retighting at the root is enough loose hair for me. I feel the loose hair at the root and think, "ooohhh, okay...nice".
    Like others have said, I will NEVER miss wondering what I'm going to "do" with my hair every morning. I love not worrying about getting my hair getting wet in the rain, (I loooove walking in rain w/o an umbrella) or having the wind blow my style apart, or wearing protective styles to maintain length.
    I can't express the freedom that my locks give me, I could go on and on...I get up in the morning and barely even think about my hair; it actually FALLS in place when I sit up in bed. Come ooonnnn ya'll...What more could I ask for?
    Yes I miss and love all of these aspects of having locs. But yet, I wanted to experience loose hair with length because I never had, so I went for it knowing that I would eventually loc again. I don't think anyone grows locs with the intention of cutting them or taking them down later. But ish happens..

^ This is my happy place

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had mine for 8 years. I've seriously toyed with the idea of taking them down 2 times....then I remembered why I had loced in the 1st place--I hated the amount of time it took to take care of my loose hair. I'm still jealous of all the beautiful loose-nappies that I see. I've picked about 4 or 5 individual locs loose in the past 8 yrs just to play with my hair. Then I loced them back up.
    napptural since: February 1993 Locing since: November 2002

My Loc Pics

13. Thanks Custard thanked for this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast