Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked out a few dvd's from my local library this weekend. My avatar is a pic of Jackie Joyner Kersee's derriere & I'm using it as my inspiration to lift my butt up cause gravity is starting to affect the situation back there, lol. I sit for long hours at my job and my booty's started to look like a pancake. I don't have a weight problem just need to tone up my lady bumps. I'm going to search yt for some toning exercises cause I'm not feeling the dvd's that I currently have.
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clover....I have found squats and forward lunges to do the trick. I truly despise forward lunges but I admit they work it out!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even going to talk about how far off the wagon I've fallen...but suffice it to say I'mma get it together starting in a couple of days after my workload has slowed down.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ladies you've all inspired me. I've been slacking for 4 weeks, using the excuse its too cold in the changing room to take my clothes off and use the gym but I'm going to return end of the month. I've booked myself personal training sessions! (Was going to go tonight but its too damn cold lol)
    If I was Mrs Washington knowing all the straight women and gay men in the world are lusting after my man I would look good too! And its true wealthy people with more leisure time have no excuse.
    Last edited by Denny; 11-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've fallen so far off I can't even SEE the wagon . I'm planning to get back on track though starting today! My mind and body needs it. Honestly though..I despise this time of the year as it gets dark so early...messes with my mood.
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    I just checked out a few dvd's from my local library this weekend. My avatar is a pic of Jackie Joyner Kersee's derriere & I'm using it as my inspiration to lift my butt up cause gravity is starting to affect the situation back there, lol. I sit for long hours at my job and my booty's started to look like a pancake. I don't have a weight problem just need to tone up my lady bumps. I'm going to search yt for some toning exercises cause I'm not feeling the dvd's that I currently have.

Rigor:

This takes 10 minutes a day.. :-)

1. Total body stretch for 5 min. It can be the yoga sunrise stretch or combination stretch for example you can choose from among these: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...lstretches.php

2. Plank - *this is my fav - seriously it is a staple exercise for me* A standard exercise that can be done from 1 to 5 minutes a day and will work every part of your body.. It is not a "pilates" excercise.. it is used by those who do pilates however..

http://pilates.about.com/b/2010/08/0...e-of-plank.htm

"it's true, Plank is often cited as one of the best all-around exercises - even beyond Pilates circles. To do a good plank, you have to engage just about every muscle you have."

In addition Fun:

3. Any activity that gets you moving enough to enjoy consistent movement for an hour or more and you enjoy enough to do regularly- (dancing, walking in the park, roller skating, bike riding, mall shopping with maximum distance between stores, gardening etc..) Don't set a time.. just do it as much as you can as long as it makes you feel good then switch to another activity ..
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khalliqa View Post
    Rigor:

This takes 10 minutes a day.. :-)

1. Total body stretch for 5 min. It can be the yoga sunrise stretch or combination stretch for example you can choose from among these: http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...lstretches.php

2. Plank - *this is my fav - seriously it is a staple exercise for me* A standard exercise that can be done from 1 to 5 minutes a day and will work every part of your body.. It is not a "pilates" excercise.. it is used by those who do pilates however..

http://pilates.about.com/b/2010/08/0...e-of-plank.htm

"it's true, Plank is often cited as one of the best all-around exercises - even beyond Pilates circles. To do a good plank, you have to engage just about every muscle you have."

In addition Fun:

3. Any activity that gets you moving enough to enjoy consistent movement for an hour or more and you enjoy enough to do regularly- (dancing, walking in the park, roller skating, bike riding, mall shopping with maximum distance between stores, gardening etc..) Don't set a time.. just do it as much as you can as long as it makes you feel good then switch to another activity ..
    Thanks for the links . I could def do the stretching exercises. But the plank I'd have to purchase & there is no more room en mi casa for another apparatus. I really need to start working on my rump; I wanna @ss shaped like a peach!
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    Thanks for the links . I could def do the stretching exercises. But the plank I'd have to purchase & there is no more room en mi casa for another apparatus. I really need to start working on my rump; I wanna @ss shaped like a peach!
    My apologies I may have not provided a good link.. The plank requires no purchase.. it is simply holding your body up for 1 to 5 minutes in the correct position.. That works out all the major and core muscles from neck to toe..

Those who practice pilates use equipment.. But the plank does not require anything but your body.. and determination and sweat.. lol I'll provide a better link when I get home..
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, the plank is ssomething else! think I'll give it a try.

We can do this Ladies!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A better link: :-)

Start on your knees and work your way to longer holds.. Trust me.. your entire body will get a work out.. As always consult a physician for guidance to make sure this is safe for you to do.. :-)

Just FYI.. You will break out into a sweat if you try to go one minute the first time out lol.. but don't do that.. start at 30 seconds and slowly work your way to five minutes..

Also from the comment section:

"I heard that holding a plank for too long can be bad for your back?"
    "Yes, too long may be bad for your back. But start out slow and keep working at it and before you know it, you'll have a stronger back."

"That "girl" was about 49 years old at the time of this video. :-)"

"This exercise works much more than just your abs. You certainly will feel it in the upper body. Just keep working on them. You can't get stronger unless you work at it. Give it time, be patient and you'll see improvement.
    "

"I see this and I think,"This is gonna be easy."
    Then I actually do it and then I'm thinking,"Oh sh*t."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast