anabwi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since having denegerative discs, I have to work out daily in some form of another or my back will kill me!! It's hard, but when I did the Sept. No-Sugar Challenge, lost 11 pounds that month, have only gained 1 back, so I'm limiting sugar as much as I can.

Currently ride my stationary bike 30-45 minutes a pop, do the Leslie Sansone walking tapes, and a Rodney Yee Yoga Stretch tape, plus can hold the Plank 30 seconds now, LOL !!

I just wanna be here

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really needed to read this!!
    i have fallen off, gotten back on, fallen off again soo many times it is RIDICULOUS!!!!!
    i actually ran a half-marathon in september but ask me how many times i've run since then!!!!!!
    soooo, maybe this thread is the motivation i need to really make sustainable life changes.
    i will be 42 in february and i definitely have to get it and KEEP it TIGHT again!!!
    http://members.fotki.com/bellazaina/

We are creations of God...why let man define us when man did not create us?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A timely article:

Decade-By-Decade Guide To Exercise

"There's a big difference between how we should work out in our 20s and how we should work out when...we're no longer 20. Experts tell Carol Mithers how to find the perfect fit at any age."

Some Excerpts:

"In Your 40s: One hour of weight training 3 days a week if you do your whole body at once (4 days for half an hour if you split it up), plus 45 minutes of cardio five days a week (it's more than in the 20s and 30s but with less impact and intensity). Take one day off."

This is the decade of the triple whammy: gravity, hormones, and yet more slowing of metabolism as lean muscle mass continues to decrease and body fat increases. Even women who don't put on a pound may expand, according to Pamela Peeke, MD, author of Body for Life for Women. "After 40 and certainly after 50, virtually all women find that they gain fat more easily in the torso—below the bra, through the triceps area, on the back, and in the belly," she says. "You're not doing anything wrong; your body composition is changing."

Yeah, thats me, so I need to step it up and stop working out like a 20 year old
    Last edited by kinkykhick; 11-12-2010 at 05:24 AM.
    I'm Thee Itcha, let me putcha in the pitcha
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee
    hair type 4 thick (density), medium-fine (strand diameter), soft/spongy (texture), (length) 9-12 inches, shrinkage 60-80%, (curl size) pen spring to pencil size, highly porous, low elasticity

Thank you for PANKING me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"In Your 40s: One hour of weight training 3 days a week if you do your whole body at once (4 days for half an hour if you split it up), plus 45 minutes of cardio five days a week (it's more than in the 20s and 30s but with less impact and intensity). Take one day off."

Who has the time to do all that??? I don't want to spend most of the week exercising
    Anyway ....anyone up for the challenge of trying this schedule for a month and see what difference it makes?
    Last edited by Denny; 11-12-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all women find that they gain fat more easily in the torso—below the bra, through the triceps area, on the back, and in the belly
    yup I look like the pillsbury dough boy and yeah it's years of being a couch potato but it is so HARD to not gain, it's like looking at food puts on another roll!

I need to keep up the momentum for the holidays (been doing pretty good so far) so I'm down with adding in the weight training...I've got 5, 8 and 10 lb dumb bells in the house and adding more days of cardio, who else is in??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post

Who has the time to do all that??? I don't want to spend most of the week exercising
    Anyway ....anyone up for the challenge of trying this schedule for a month and see what difference it makes?

Ya know?!
    I can say I did the couch-2-5k along with weight training about 3x a week this summer and while I lost weight I still wasn't firm and had torso fat I could not shake off. I knew I needed to do something at least 5-6 days a week I just didn't have the energy.

I wanna join the challenge but I'm nursing an injury and need to make a doctors appt to figure out what's going on with me before I can commit to anything, Ill be cheering y'all on tho'
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee
    hair type 4 thick (density), medium-fine (strand diameter), soft/spongy (texture), (length) 9-12 inches, shrinkage 60-80%, (curl size) pen spring to pencil size, highly porous, low elasticity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combine exercise with a reduction in calories (especially those that tend to bloat - for me it is milk.. sugar bloats as well..) and an increase in nutrients.. (fresh fruits and veggies) increase water.. You need to combine diet retraining with exercise to lose stomach fat..

HTH
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    I did change my diet - Much smaller portions, green smoothies, salads, water all the good stuff and weight did come off at one point I was looking too skinny but I didn't look tight.... or maybe I was tight for someone in their 40's
    Last edited by kinkykhick; 11-12-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    The Notorious Tan.Gl.Eee

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well alrighty then.

Tried the Plank. I will be using it ! perhaps as a warmup and cool down..but definitely will be using it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post

Pauletta Washington & Janet Jackson & 'nem.
    Quit tripping on what you're wearing on your behind and get some education in your head.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast