Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Random AfriKan Consciouness Random Thoughts 2

****AFRIKAN DRUMS ARE BEATING****

WELCOME EVERYONE- To The Afrikan Consciousness Random Thoughts Thread...

Now put on your dashiki and EXPRESS....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are your thoughts?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. Good for the two..couple-groups they interviewed in the video. I think it's stellar that they've found something that works for them especially in this day and age when so many are romantically unhappy. But let's not pretend that all polygamous relationships are happy ones. I think we've all seen the news casts about runaway wives that risk everything to get themselves and their children out of these situations. About the brainwashing that can go on in communities based around this set-up. About how the husband "upgrades" to a new, younger wife every few years without the consent of the original wife.

Ultimately, neither sort of romantic liaison is perfect. The people in the relationship make it a good one, not the type of relationship. That said, I know for a fact that polygamy is not for me and I wouldn't entertain a man that tried to introduce it to our relationship. I'd find it disrespectful, I need be the only woman in my only man's life. As for this man shortage...what man shortage? Given the choice, I'd choose a non-black husband over a polygamous relationship any day.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azalee View Post
    What are your thoughts?

Interesting...we had this discussion on your website sis, I don't think it should be illegal for one to have more than one spouse. If a man chooses to marry more than one woman that should be his business. Just as long as HE can take care of them properly along with children without the assistance of the government. No different than someone in an monogamous marriage, they shouldn't marry if they can't take care of themselves properly without the assistance of the government. My family is also Sunni Muslim so seeing more than one wife isn't a problem for me. I've seen it work and I've seen it not work. It all depends on the persons involved.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashe mama afrika!!!land of kings & Queens,healers,master teachers...children of zion here at home & abroad rise up!!!lets unite & work together to claim back & preserve our heritage.its our time,stay wake..are yu out there??Hotep

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace peace, I'm here sis. Thanks for starting a part 2.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polygamy is a viable function, in the initial development and further cultivation of family wealth. The legal positions in my country make polygamy all the more powerful and simple to implement. With a proper estate and sufficient domestic business to warrant the addition of more adult members, hypergamy would most likely dominate the mating selection process. I can try to illustrate how easy it is to effectively utilize, but I'm more interested in noting that polyandry is grossly under-appreciated.

I do note one major risk/concern with polyandrous estates, but I'm fairly confident that I'll figure out a way around that (beside sterility or maybe that will do the trick). Void of sufficient wealth and compelling domestic business, I haven't been able to appreciate the mutually empowering potential. Even due hypergamy, wealth is wealth, human capital reigns supreme, and a lack of sufficient domestic business or ruin would be emotionally and spiritually challenging.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 11-07-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellow Men of the Negro Race Greetings:

I am delighted to inform you, that your humble servant is as happy in suffering for you and our cause as is possible under the circumstances of being viciously outraged by a group of plotters who have connived to do their worst to humiliate you through me, in fight for real emancipation and African Redemption.

I do not want at this time to write anything that would make it difficult for you to meet the opposition of your enemy without my assistance. Suffice to say that the history of the outrage shall form a splendid chapter in the history of Africa redeemed. When black man will no longer be under the heels of others, but have a civilization and culture of their own.

The whole affair is a disgrace, and the whole black world knows it. We shall not forget. Our day may be fifty, a hundred or two hundred years ahead, let us watch, work, and pray, for the civilization of injustice is bound to crumble and bring destruction down upon the heads of the unjust.

My work is just begun, and when the history of my suffering is complete, then the future generations of the Negro will have in their hands the guide by which they shall know the “sins” of the twentieth century. I, and I know you, too, believe in time, and we shall wait patiently for two hundred years, if need be, to face our enemies through our prosperity.

All I have I have given you. I have sacrificed my home and my loving wife for you. I entrust her to your charge, to protect and defend her in my absence. She is the bravest little woman I know. She has suffered and sacrificed with me for you, therefore, please do not desert her at this dismal hour, when she stands alone. I left her penniless and helpless to face the world, because I gave you all, but her courage is great, and I know she will hold up for you and me.

After my enemies are satisfied, in life or death I shall come back to you to serve even as I have served before. In life I shall be the same; in death I shall be a terror to the foes of Negro liberty. If death has power, then count on me in death to be the real Marcus Garvey I would like to be. If I may come in an earthquake, or a cyclone, or a plague, or pestilence, or as God would have me, then be assure that I would never desert you and make your enemies triumph over you.

Would I not go to hell a million times for you? Would I not like Macbeth’s ghost, walk the earth forever for you? Would I not lose the whole world and eternity for you? Would I not cry forever before the footstool of the Lord Omnipotent for you? Would I not die a million deaths for you? Then, why be sad? Cheer up, and be assure that if it takes a million years the sins of our enemies shall visit the millionth generation of those that hinder and oppress us.

If I die in Atlanta my work shall then only begin, but I shall live, in the physical or spiritual to see the day of Africa’s glory. When I am dead wrap the mantle of the Red, Black and Green around me, for in the new life I shall rise with God’s grace and blessing to lead the millions up the heights of triumph with the colors that you well know. Look for me in the whirlwind or the storm, look for me all around you, for, with God’s grace I shall come and bring with me countless millions of black slaves who have died in America and the West Indies and the millions in Africa to aid you in the fight for liberty, freedom and life.

The civilization of today as gone drunk and crazy with its power and by such it seeks through injustice, fraud and lies to crush the unfortunate. But if I am apparently crushed by the system of influence and misdirected power, my cause shall rise again to plague the conscience of the corrupt. For this again I am satisfied, and for you, I repeat, I am glad to suffer and even die. Again, I say cheer up, for better days are ahead. I shall write the history that will inspire the millions that are coming and leave the posterity of our enemies to reckon with the host for the deeds of their fathers.
    With God’s dearest blessings, I leave you for a while.

These are excerpts from the actual letter written by Marcus Garvey while in Atlanta Prison February 10, 1925. This reference comes from The Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey Compiled by Amy Jacques Garvey page 237-239.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast