Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

For the love of all that is holy please help me!!!!!! My mother is driving my up a *^%in wall and working the very last nerve that I will EVER have. I love my mother dearly but if I could have reached through the phone I would have. She calls me up at work asking me what I was going to do about my oldest DD's hair. Now mind you her hair is very coarse and her coil is very tight. Her hair is very fragile, I can go through a detangling session with a deep condition, sectioning and a wide tooth comb and get peices of hair all over the place. I generally do the major wash with her and my other dd's hair on the weekend, style it on Sunday and go from there. It can be very time comsuming to do both heads that is why I alot time on the weekends. I may do touch ups in the week but I save the major styling until the weekend.

So then my mother goes into the texture of my dd's hair and what I NEED to do so that she isn't walking around with the little beads on her head and "looking like a lambs" behind. So at this point ( because I am at work) I am gripping the phone ready to hang up. So then she she goes onto say that either I need to put something in her hair (refencing a relaxer) or take brading classes. I can braid, plait and twists but my skills are not in the the cornrow or anything that is very tiny. If I could do that then I would. Taking them to a braider to do there natural hair can be done, which it has, but getting two heads done every two weeks can eat at the finances.

Through out this teeth gritting conversation I am explaining or at least trying to explain that I am familiar with dealing with my own childs head and what I know as far as natural hair. The she goes into her texture of being the same as my dd's, and I am like...no it isn't :smug ( well I thought it).

Anyhoo.......venting :mad and ranting is over...for now.

Get deliciously Mokalicious with Moka Chic.

Deej is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your situation sounds like mine, only my mother wasn't talling me what to do about my son's hair.
    But, why they have to call you at work with these personal things, is beyond me. I know they are concerned but telling me what to do and how to do it, strikes a nerve with me. I still haven't really answered her and I am bracing myself for the convo that will take place. I'm just trying to let her know nicely that her suggestion will be taken into consideration but dh and I wil ultimately decide what's best for our child.

Last Perm: Nov. 2002
    Big Chop: May 2003[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have been very hurt at that lamb comment I took a peek at your album, and it looks like you are doing a great job with both your daughter's hair.

I know I am going to have the same problem with my Momma if I ever have a daughter. She was the queen of the hotcomb when I was growing up, and I will admit that she took very good care of me and my sister's hair THAT WAY. ...BUT she really doesn't like the naptural look and is always asking me what I am going to do to my hair, so I can just imagine...

[url="http://public.fotki.com/LondaLocs/loc-journey/"][b]My Loc Journey[/b][/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look in your album, and I can see i have visited it before...I don´t understand what your dear mother´s problem is...You do a lovely job of your children´s hair...I undertand about time too...I used to make more time.consuming styles when i only had one child, but with two, i make it as simple as I can...The important thing is that the hair looks neat and taken care of...You don´t have to make tiny cornrows in order to satisfy her...You do what you can...I´m so fortunate my mama never minds our business...Especially about such a trivial thing as how you should style your child´s hair...Oh well.. :huh
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Deej@Jun 18 2004, 01:37 PM
    But, why they have to call you at work with these personal things, is beyond me.
    If I only knew... :smug . I even had caller ID so I knew it was her but of course I didn't expect that topic of conversation to pop up. She is gonna be reaaaaallly ticked if I start locing my dd's hair next year (yes I have an evil spiteful grin on my face). Either way what I say goes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

db post

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother "assists" with the "raising" of my son, because he lives with her while I am in school. However when I go home, or they come to visit-she always defers to me. She will say "Go ask ya 1st Momma"--"Go ask Momma Re". However at the times when she HAS said "What you need to do is....." I tend to come back with---"Did it work for me?"--if that fits then that shuts up the conversation quickly. If that doesn't fit I have tried, "Well since you put it that way, I NEED TO, I'm gonna not need to."--she also knows that this means you're stepping on toes.......

....but to call you.....AT YOUR JOB....ABOUT HAIR?

Bless her heart........
    Karma is a boomerrang that will bust you in the eye.
    PrincessDrRe, 2004
    The grass that is lush and green can very well be growing over a septic tank.
    Anabwi, 2008

SaPhia...it will return!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your child's hair looks beautiful! The styles are perfect. Try not to worry too much about your mom. Hopefully you can let her know that talking your child's hair is off limits unless she has nothing nice to say.
    My album

password: gemela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah..., she HAD to call you at work 'cause you are just WRONG!
    Having her grand baby... What...Little beady beads? Awww you in trouble now!

Your mother is right (as always)... You need to listen to her - She knows a little lamb's behind when she sees one!!

You better do sumthin'!! with that child's head.
    Don't make me call MomMom.

(tee hee hee)

Love ya!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LifeGiver@Jun 19 2004, 06:52 PM
    Yeah..., she HAD to call you at work 'cause you are just WRONG!
    Having her grand baby... What...Little beady beads? Awww you in trouble now!

Your mother is right (as always)... You need to listen to her - She knows a little lamb's behind when she sees one!!

You better do sumthin'!! with that child's head.
    Don't make me call MomMom.

(tee hee hee)

Love ya!
    :huh

You are soooooooooooooooooooooo evil!!!!!!!! Very funny!!!

:smug :lol :huh :lol

By the way...I feel stressed.....LET US PRAY :rolleyes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast