Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm....I haven't been natural for years BUT the first time I met my loctician she commented that I wasn't drinking enough water. She suggested a hair and nail supplement and tripple the water I was drinking at the time (which was eerily appropriate).

So, that lead to other changes. Less soda, more exercise, more green veggies, a lot more water. However, the only thing natural (natural) is my hair. Even the vitamins have additives!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like my sis Kelly it was the opposite. I became vegan than I changed my hair. Now I try to be as natural and organic as possible from my soaps to my oils to everything I put on my skin. I'm actually doing a detox from years of polluting my body with junk food etc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deciding to take better care of my hair (natural) has changed "certain" things in my life. It's inspired me to want to take care of my "entire" body not just my hair/scalp. I'm upping my workouts, taking more vitamins and trying to eat better.
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, going to my natural hair texture changed the way I see things. Some people may feel its not that deep but it really is. Im working on my eating habits, seriously. I do not eat pork. I do not wear deodorant, use commercial toothpaste or commercial lotions. No i am not musty smellin not one bit. Its a step by step process as I become more aware, informed and wiser.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olahh View Post
    For me, going to my natural hair texture changed the way I see things. Some people may feel its not that deep but it really is. Im working on my eating habits, seriously. I do not eat pork. I do not wear deodorant, use commercial toothpaste or commercial lotions. No i am not musty smellin not one bit. Its a step by step process as I become more aware, informed and wiser.
    LOL thanks for clearing that up! (j/p)

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha! I use natural care Toms. It has a very sutle citrus smell. Lol! Some people just wipe with alcohol pad and call it a day. Takes ur body a lil bit to adjust to but very much worth it u will c a diff. Oh and i dont get arm pit stain on my white shirts anymore like i used to wen i used Secret deodorant.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny...I've been thinking about this lately. I was just looking at my hair products and general products that I use and realized that a good portion are organic, natural or vegan...I didn't do any of it directly because of my hair but because I'm so obsessive about what I put in my hair it's gotten harder and harder to imagine putting some things on or in my body. Same kinda goes for my diet; Once I got in the habit of doing all of this research for my hair that same patience spilled over and I started paying more attention to the kinds of products I consumed. I'm certainly not all natural. But my hair care has had an impact on my habits...btw I think the biggest thing that is hair related, is that I now read the labels on EVERYTHING! Do you know how hard it is to eat certain things if you read the ingredients. I got freaked out by some lipgloss I was checking out yesterday when I was reading the ingredients I just thought..."There's no way that is going on my mouth!"
    "Ad astra per alia porci"-John Steinbeck

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been a "junk" vegetarian since the early 90's and gained about 40-50 pounds. I became a real vegetarian somewhere in the late 2000's. By junk, I mean I gave up meat and replaced it with sugar, dairy and tofu. The sugar made me gain weight, the dairy did too. I realized that the dairy and tofu were making me sick. I reduced almost all sugar and eliminated tofu and most dairy. I lost my first twenty pounds. The second round of twenty pounds came off by exercising almost every day. The sweating from exercising didn't help my pressed hair stay straight. That is the reason I went natural with my hair. I had a choice, either keep my hair in a clip with part nappy, part straight hair or just let it me nappy all over (currently two strand mini twists). I have, since high school/college (late eighties, early nineties) been into alternative health, including vitamins and herbs for healing and overall health maintenance, I just forgot that you needed to exercise to be healthy as well. Going natural was one of the most liberating things I have ever done and I have been classified as a very conservative individual.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did for me. I don't equate not putting a relaxer on my hair with the need to eat juice and berries and having to be aunaturale in the rest of my life.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My diet/ fitness/ skin care went natural way before my hair did. I'll never understand my friends with natural hair who have a pound of makeup on every day. Priorities? Haha.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast