That's too funny!

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Does "being/going" natural stop with just hair?

Bumping an EPIC thread that needs bumping.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I went natural bc I went healthy first. I became a personal trainer and sought a healthy lifestyle. One day my life collided with my hair care and the rest is history. Now 15+ yrs post natural, i rarely eat meat...#evolution

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    I know there's this common misconception that natural hair = organic earth mother lifestyle but for most sisters I know that's not the case. That said, I could definitely stand to improve in this area, especially these days with my weight being so high and my skin not being so good...

Now that things are about to open up in my schedule I intend to get back on eating more fresh veggies, drinking more water, and working out more often and more intensely. The older I get the more I realize how important it is to not take your health for granted.
    Nine years later, nine years older, quite a bit heavier (thanks in no small part to menopause)...

A couple of recent deaths in my family have me thinking much more about health and not taking it for granted. Since my colonoscopy (which came out fine) I've dialed down my meat-eating quite a bit. I could still stand to drink a lot more water though.

Since July I've been working with a personal trainer once a week. Thing is, if I'm not doing my homework during the week, it's a waste of money. I need to decide in the new year if I'm going to really commit 100% to a healthier lifestyle overall and if I'm willing to make the sacrifices necessary -- e.g. doing my homework -- to get there. A big reason why I'm leaning towards making the commitment is to lose weight just so I can shock my doctor, who told me the last time I saw him: "I know you THINK you're still 28, but you're not 28 anymore." He was referring to the fact that not only am I "not 28" but I'm also on several medications that usually require me to visit him more often than I have been.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

5. Likes Joyfulocs liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456