Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went natural in 06', and just now stopped wearing makeup and started to be a vegetarian, workin on being a raw vegan. I definitely think going natural was the first step in changing my whole life.
    http://publick.fotki.com/Jeanette04/ Updated 11/11/2010
    Jeanette Ford-facebook me people!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really per se because I don't see myself using all natural products or eating all organic foods (can't afford it). I try to minimize or eliminate things that I can do without.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it stops with hair texture cos I love colouring my hair.
    I aim to be healthy rather than natural with my lifestyle, sometimes the two combine and sometimes they do not.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is funny when people avoid "bad" hair ingredients because of some miniscule (and mostly unproven) risk, yet lead a sedentary lifestyle with poor diet which has a MUCH bigger influence day in day out on mortality and chronic disease. A sister who perms her hair, but eats sensibly and works out daily can't be vilified for "unhealthy lifestyle" just because she perms her hair...she is addressing the significant health risks.

Natural is not synonymous with healthy. Life expectancies back when people were all-natural were a lot shorter than they are now. Science has allowed us to, in general, improve life expectancy, through advances in medical science and other aspects of technology.

I don't advocate for back to nature. I advocate for sensible choices and taking responsibility for managing your fitness and diet so that your overall health profile is good.
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coilycurly View Post
    I advocate for sensible choices and taking responsibility for managing your fitness and diet so that your overall health profile is good.
    I totally agree with this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am newly natural. I have changed my diet and lifestyle several years ago to lose about an extra 60lbs of weight. I maintain a healthy lifestyle (have no desire to go vegetarian or vegan) & wearing my hair naturally is just hairstyle for me & nothing more.
    Whatever does not break you WILL make you stronger!

BC 7/17/10
    Last relaxer 5/22/10

Q_tee is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just hair 4 me..
    http://public.fotki.com/liteskinqtee/

Been on NP since 2006...Y every time I take a hiatus and come back, I have to create a new logon is beyond me...lol...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After going natural, I tried be completely natural in body and spiritual like buying only organic food, using only organic products, and such.

I gave most of it up and for no particular reason. I use some commerical products and some natural products for my hair and body. I do buy foods that are free of high fructose corn syrup and processed sugars and I buy organic milk. It was nice while it lasted and I've learned a lot about healthy living and eating.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually never expected to transform the way I have over the years. I've been natural almost 7yrs now. Within the last 2 or so years, I've tried to be more conscious of what I put in my body. I'm interested in natural remedies, vegetarian eating, etc.

If my hair is chemical free, why stop there? I'm going for mind, body, and soul.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, going natural on my head caused me to the rethink the choices I was making about my body in my head. It truly has been a journey for me because I not only want my hair to be healthy, I want my whole body, mind, and spirit to be healthy. So ever since I took those scissors and started to chop off my hair I made the decision to treat Me better, because I want to live longer and have a better quality of life. Now I'm not going to be a vegan or a vegetarian, but I make better choices about what I'm eating. I pray more and try to stay calm. And I've made the choice to use this insurance I'm paying for and go to the doctor. So going natural caused me to re-evaluate this little thing I'm calling life.
    If you're nappy and you know it say AMEN!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast