Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile The very moment u really accepted ur hair texture?

My moment, I stepped back when I struggled to make a quick weave to hide my hair for work. It was a fail. Something came over me and I was starring in the mirror no longer desperate. Havent looked back since, a lot of light has been shed over facts. Thank you Nappturality.

The quick weave was for the wrong reason.

What was ur moment?
    Last edited by Olahh; 11-17-2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always accepted it, I just had absolutely no idea how to care for it until recently.

4. Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the very first moment i laid eyes on it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The start was a few years ago, when I worked in a library. I had an old Halloween wig and a fake ponytail and I put them together and went to work like that. I looked a mess. I looked stupid. Plus, when I got a good look at myself in the mirror, I knew I looked stupid. But I kept getting compliments on my 'wig disaster' and I remember thinking 'Are these people serious? They KNOW this thing on my head looks like crap. '

But when I fully accepted my texture was when I stopped fighting my hair and wore it out and free in an afro. I remember how much better I felt. I walked taller and straighter. I held my head up, and I know I gave off a vibe that challenged anyone to DARE say something bad about my hair.

7. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accepted my natural hair once I cut off the relaxed ends. I had a very short transition b/c the roots were so coiled and I didnt know how to detangle. I was a hot mess. I made the appt at the barbershop, walked in there lookin R-O-U-G-H!!. Once the hair came off and I was shaped up, all the guys said "Wow, what a transformation, you look like a nubian queen!" I hadn't even looked in the mirror yet but I was hyped. Once the chair was turned to the mirror and I saw myself...Instant love at first sight. I ran my hands thru my 1/2 inch of hair and was immediately scolded by every barber for messing up my fro. I had to sit back down to be picked out again.

9. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kno that feelin, Exotica . Feels like a deep whiff of fresh air.

I kno there are alot of naturals that had some what of a mental struggle. Besides learning how to care for ur hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day I went to clean out my linen closet and saw all the products I've purchased. I threw them all away and (K.I.S.S). Castile shampoo, AO Honey Sucklerose Conditioner, Olive oil, & Castor oil & Henna. My hair is thin & fine, not much can be done, esp. since I'm getting older. I've accepted and embraced it.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Green][B]Transition[/B][/COLOR]: 7/02/97-2/20/98 [B]~[/B] [COLOR=Green][B]Locs[/B][/COLOR]: 2/20/98-5/15/06 [B]~[/B]
    [COLOR=Red][B] Loose[/B][B]Natural[/B][/COLOR]: 5/15/06-Present [B]~[/B][B][URL="http://members.fotki.com/Naturally70s/about/"][COLOR=Red] My Fotki[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/CENTER]

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i cut it 2 yrs ago i loved how i looked like one of the jackson 5's. then, because i was invited to a formal even i idiotically texturized my naps! whats worse!!! is that i thought by texturizing my hair, i would achieve the look of a BRAIDOUT! HAHAHA. anywho i don't think i accepted my hair fully back then because of this. A year ago, i stopped braiding my hair and accepted my naps, finally. but 3 months ago when i had some locs install, i realized that it was the coarse texture of my hair that attributed to my locs locing up good without much unraveling. i love how my texture looked with locs i can honestly say that i am proud of my naps and i don't wish for anything softer.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I had my daughter

I'd been natural for some years but when I saw how beautiful she was and didn't need "fixing" - I knew I had to un-learn all the damaging things I thought about my hair texture and make sure that she never would feel inadequate or different for being natural!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can look back and laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast