Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Nicki talks about nappy headed ho*s in her lyrics? She aint talking about me so I'm not throwing any stones in her direction. I always make an extra effort not to judge another sista based on her choice of dress or hairstyle. All I know is NM is making bank and taking really good care of her family back home in Trinidad and here in NY.

I surely won't be losing sleep or working myself into a coronary fit worrying about what someone else does to their hair or body. Geez, we have so many other people going against us why are we so d@mn hard on each other?
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    So Nicki talks about nappy headed ho*s in her lyrics? She aint talking about me so I'm not throwing any stones in her direction. I always make an extra effort not to judge another sista based on her choice of dress or hairstyle. All I know is NM is making bank and taking really good care of her family back home in Trinidad and here in NY.

I surely won't be losing sleep or working myself into a coronary fit worrying about what someone else does to their hair or body. Geez, we have so many other people going against us why are we so d@mn hard on each other?
    #Agreed. I honestly don't think she was ranting toward "natural hair'd women", but towards....hair that's not kept up....looking triflin and messy (natural, relaxed, weaved, etc). Not everyone has caught on to the fact that some of us naturals use the term "nappy" in a positive light instead of the negative light that it has always been cast in. But I honestly see why it would, indeed, be offensive.

Not everyone chooses to be r.elaxed just to fit in. I don't think Minaj has any issues with community acceptance, and she really cares less about what anyone thinks about her. These lyrics, yes, may be offensive to the natural community...because she mentions needed to "throw a p.erm in ya head"....or something along those lines, but, I mean....if that's what you choose to do to your head...then you're going to think other women talking about you (with their messy lookin heads) needs to do the same.

I continue to respect her, because I know she wasn't casting it towards me, as a natural woman, but was casting it out towards those that talk about her, hate on her, etc. etc. etc. and if someone was talking about "how I can't do this and how I can't do that", (esp. if it were in reference to my hair), I'd have some words for them, too. Since I'm natural, my words would more or less be along the lines of "shut yo mouth, and rub some oil on those edges, ignorant a** keep burnlaxing and you gon look like a cancer patient....etc etc. (lol @ my retarded rap lines)...but you get the point.

Meh, it's Nicki Minaj...not a saint. *Kanye Shrug*
    BC'd: July 20, 2010
    Natural Hair/Personal Blog: http://imanaturalblackgirl.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupercoya View Post
    #Agreed. I honestly don't think she was ranting toward "natural hair'd women", but towards....hair that's not kept up....looking triflin and messy (natural, relaxed, weaved, etc). Not everyone has caught on to the fact that some of us naturals use the term "nappy" in a positive light instead of the negative light that it has always been cast in. But I honestly see why it would, indeed, be offensive.

Not everyone chooses to be r.elaxed just to fit in. I don't think Minaj has any issues with community acceptance, and she really cares less about what anyone thinks about her. These lyrics, yes, may be offensive to the natural community...because she mentions needed to "throw a p.erm in ya head"....or something along those lines, but, I mean....if that's what you choose to do to your head...then you're going to think other women talking about you (with their messy lookin heads) needs to do the same.

I continue to respect her, because I know she wasn't casting it towards me, as a natural woman, but was casting it out towards those that talk about her, hate on her, etc. etc. etc. and if someone was talking about "how I can't do this and how I can't do that", (esp. if it were in reference to my hair), I'd have some words for them, too. Since I'm natural, my words would more or less be along the lines of "shut yo mouth, and rub some oil on those edges, ignorant a** keep burnlaxing and you gon look like a cancer patient....etc etc. (lol @ my retarded rap lines)...but you get the point.

Meh, it's Nicki Minaj...not a saint. *Kanye Shrug*
    LOL How did I miss this thread!!! :--)) I've never cared for this basic bish. She's a discredit and a dishonor to women everywhere. Take it to another level, to black women everywhere. Just a hoe. A nasty, trashy hoe. I would like to better understand how anyone could see those lyrics as not directed to all natural women? I know that some people place different meaning on the word nappy. I've heard it said that nappy can be applied to anyone of any race, or hair situation with a jacked up mess on their head. But if that's where Nasty McButtface was going...why did she mention the perm? Surely, if she was also talking abt black women with relaxed hair...there'd be no need to tell them to GET a perm. It sounds like y'all are just making excuses for her ignant asz. Sowwy lol

And I'm with Kell....does this chick even have hair of her own? Pix or it didn't happen...
    the artist formerly known as Electra