Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question HELP! Need moisturizing and curl defining products???

I've been transitioning for about 10 months, and I have about 4-5 inches of chemical free hair and about 4-5 inches of relaxed hair. I'm going to get my relaxed ends cut off in a few weeks, and I wanted to get your guys' suggestions on products that will provide moisture to my hair and define the curls.

My hair is probably a 4-somethin' and it is soft/wooly and so it sucks up moisture. my curls are about the circumference of a knitting needle or a computer cord (so springy!) and I want to make them pop without putting too much crap in my hair.

Making decisions about what to buy is sooooo hard for me...even with clothes, i'll "visit" a dress for weeks before i actually buy it :-) i've been "visiting" target, sally's, whole foods stores and pricing/sniffing/reading ingredients of different products. I've decided I like things that smell good, and want to try to use natural friendly products, without all those chemicals i can't pronounce. i prefer creams to oils, and don't want to spend a whole lot of money. being a college student, i have to be a natural-frugalista!

Any comments are welcome! Also, you can check out other stuff (hair, fashion, music, food) on my blog, http://jaiteebee.wordpress.com/

peace to all.

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do a search for "curl definition" and "moisture" to see what people are using. You can also check out the Commercial Products forums to see reviews about specific lines.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tried visiting tightlycurly.com? She recommends conditioners that you can leave in your hair that will define your curl and add moisture to your hair. That is actually the first natural hair site I ever went to and it was very inspiring.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! Have you tried castor oil yet?I usually mix castor oil and evoo in my hand and apply it onto wet hair.I also use castor oil to help grow my edges.It has worked wonders for me.I spray my edges lightly with some water and apply the castor oil by massaging it in for a bit.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhop13 View Post
    You can do a search for "curl definition" and "moisture" to see what people are using. You can also check out the Commercial Products forums to see reviews about specific lines.

I agree, it is all about trial and error. Welcome to nappturality.

Also, don't be alarmed if those visible curls get a little bit more kinky and disappear after you do the bc . It happens...
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks everyone! you guys are so helpful!