Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like posting these stories because so many times we think we can't be successful.

A 13-Year-Old Entrepreneur Invents Candles for Men

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would so buy someone a candle! That's awesome!

Makes me a bit excited about this 7 week class I'm taking on starting your own accounting services business

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New client alert! This is good as I simply wasn't sure if they were in, but they are. Hopefully, we'll meet this week to talk payment and a contract.

I'm also slated to talk to someone else who is referring me out to someone. I hope that when it rains it pours. It will get me to my goal. Then I'll basically stop accepting new clients. I'll continue to look for leads and nurture them, but as a one woman operation, I can only do so much. From there, I'll move in to teaching and seminars. I've been doing them here and there. That's also a good feeder for new clients.

Yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglezk View Post
    I've seen mobile trucks in the "hood" for years. Usually, the merchandise is stolen
    Yeah, I was walking on 34th across from Macy's last night. I saw maybe 3 guys with a rack of men's sport coats.

HILARIOUS. "Five dollars! Get them now!" People were too.

Stuff like that not in a mobile truck, but just out on the street corner. It only reinforces my love/hate for NYC. I mean it's funny but if I were the person/business they stole it from, I'd be mad (but insured...I hope.)
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 05-11-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Come on now. I was referring to a legitimate business using a mobile truck as their business model to avoid the expense of having a retail location.

I think the truck movement is out of the box thinking for certain segments of business.
    Last edited by chachadiva; 05-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    ^Come on now. I was referring to a legitimate business using a mobile truck as their business model to avoid the expense of having a retail location.

I think truck movement is out of the box thinking for certain segments of business.

I know. Me = silly, like 95% of the time.

Those are big now. I know one type that I love: the food trucks. They've got a Korean food one that rolls around my neighborhood and one focusing on European-style crepes. They have groups of people that chase certain ones in L.A.

I love it. Plus, they're into social media. It makes it easy for people to figure out where they are. In fact, yikes! I've got a discount burger to get off of one here. I just have to figure out where they are and go. (If it's not expired.)

However, look, those guys selling those sport coats probably had some sort of truck parked somewhere.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe I've found my business.....I estimate it will be about three to six months for things to get rolling once I set things in motion but it really is right up my alley.
    There is minimual start up cost, i can make money in my sleep, work from anywhere I have a internet connection and a computer and it combines and allows me to use the few skills and strengths I have: reserching, the internet and being a techie.

Bought myself a course of sorts that I am going through at my leisure right now. Should be done in a few days reviewing everything then I will go back and get to work.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425