Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psyann, thx i can't wait to c how urs turn out. Ur hair looks really soft, mines shrunk the next day but it was still defined. I think i will try bantu knots next.

Bella13, like ur twist out, shake, shake, shake ur hair giirrlll. Lol! I can't wait 4 my hair to get big/long.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella13 View Post
    ok, here goes an attempt...i hope it will go through...Attachment 899
    just click on the picture to enlarge it.
    this is actually a braidout from earlier in the month that i had probably worn pulled back in bun and taken out later in the day.
    psyann: what shea moisture products do you use? i have been enjoying the halr milk!!!
    Love your hair. I use the Black soap conditioner, the moisture plus shampoo, the deep treatment masque, curl enhancing smoothie and the hold and shine mist. I can do with out the mist, but I am going to use it up. I don't like it on dry hair, it makes it sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpanthershay13 View Post
    It looks very nice
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Olahh View Post
    Psyann, thx i can't wait to c how urs turn out. Ur hair looks really soft, mines shrunk the next day but it was still defined. I think i will try bantu knots next.

Bella13, like ur twist out, shake, shake, shake ur hair giirrlll. Lol! I can't wait 4 my hair to get big/long.
    I'm gonna have to wash my hair and let it dry, then redo it. My hair needs to be washed.

Home Sweet Home

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you, olahh and psyann!!
    psyann: i didn't realize they had that many products!!! i use the black soap (for my face) and the hair milk. have you ever tried the milk? it works really well
    my regimen is pretty simple:
    i co-wash; apply a little leave-in condish; a little hair milk; seal w/ oyin's burnt sugar pomade; and braid it up.
    i used to do twists a lot, but i'm liking braids more and more.
    http://members.fotki.com/bellazaina/

We are creations of God...why let man define us when man did not create us?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella13 View Post
    thank you, olahh and psyann!!
    psyann: i didn't realize they had that many products!!! i use the black soap (for my face) and the hair milk. have you ever tried the milk? it works really well
    my regimen is pretty simple:
    i co-wash; apply a little leave-in condish; a little hair milk; seal w/ oyin's burnt sugar pomade; and braid it up.
    i used to do twists a lot, but i'm liking braids more and more.
    Oh yea, I do use the hair milk. lol I think it's hair milk. I use it on my wet hair. I also use one of the face soaps. I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

I don't wash every time. Only like twice a month. I cowash with the black soap conditioner. I love it, and it gives a lot of slip. Then I use the milk then curly pudding, and seal with castor oil. Then I twist it up. I spray with the mist a few hours before I untwist and add a tad more castor oil. I guess I should say I don't like the mist on loose hair. lol

They have tons of products. You should check out their website. I didn't realize they had so many in my local target. They have them spread out all over the beauty department. It's a mess. Their corporate merchandisers are awful.

Home Sweet Home

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^yeah, i get mine from target too. i had no idea about all their stuff...
    it appeals to the pj in me!!!
    thanks for sharing!!
    http://members.fotki.com/bellazaina/

We are creations of God...why let man define us when man did not create us?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electra View Post

Fine. Lol. @ Dezi I've been loving that twistout on page 1 for days now. I'm going to show my mom when I get home I feel like your hair could look like hers if her twist outs lasted longer. What do you use product wise? Gel or just butters/cremes? (I already scoped your technique).
    I'm using Honey Hemp conditioner and Burnt Brown Sugar on soaking wet hair. I get about 4 days of good looking chunky twistouts and 7 days with smaller twist outs.

I meant to post this one earlier. This was day 5 of a twistout from mini-twists that I'd had in for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    well dudettes..

with a heavy heart i have to announce that i'm out of the challenge but i'll still be lurking.

i'm out mainly because i took a good look at a recent photo and realized i really need to get myself to the gym so the last thing that's going to be needed is a style that wont up with me sweating.

plus it's cold and i still have some length goals i want to make and me playing in my hair won't help..

sooo... to the boxed braidmobile i go .

i'll post a pic of my boxed braid style once i finish which probably wont be until sunday because y'all know how boxed braids go, especially since i want to keep this style for at least 6 weeks
    Hmph ...I'm really having a hard time drumming up some sympathy for you and your head of luscious thick hair that will look good in box braids.

Quote Originally Posted by psyann View Post
    Olahh, I think you're right. lol I haven't posted any pictures of my recent twist outs though, because I didn't want this to turn into Ann's twistout thread. lol
    Keep them coming, it's more common to see pic twists and twist outs on longer lengths and I think your pics will inspire those with shorter lengths.

Off topic on another note. I'm seeing breakage again Not sure what the cause is yet and it's only in certain spots but I think it may be at the point of the single strand knots. Since I've been doing twists and twist outs. I've seen a reduction in them. I didn't have problem with them when I'd let my hair shrink, but I think the manipulation while twisting may be causing it. I'd planned to cut off about 1" for my nappiversary anyway so hopefully that will help.
    Wear your hair like you MEAN IT...LBellatrix
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
    http://dezgoesnatural.blogspot.com
    See profile for fotki link (finally updated)
    Last hit of the white creamy crack: June 2007
    Full fledged nappy: 12/29/2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to fight my pjism. lol I won't buy anything new until I am finished with these shea moisture. I did just buy 2 new products, but I won't buy more. lol

Dezi, you're right. I'll keep posting. BTW, I LOVE, love, L-O-V-E, love your twist out.

I did a chunky twist out puff for Christmas. I did about 20 fat, juicy twists all over. I loved it. It was lightly raining and misty all day, so the rain made my hair swell oh so lovely.

Tonight I did 9 flat twists all over with 3 on the left flat twisted up to stay, and the middle front and right front are twisted to the front. I have 4 to the front at a diagonal. The 5 in the back are just twisted back. I should probably take a picture of it. I'll probably do it tomorrow before I take it down.

I started with dry hair from a wash and go, so it wasn't detangled. I added the shea moisture hair milk, then sprintzed it with a bit of water, finger parted and then detangled each section. Then I added the shea moisture deep treatment masque and flat twisted. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I'm looking forward to having a big, fluffy stretched fro tomorrow.

Home Sweet Home

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dezi. You're beautiful Psyann I dunno if I mentioned it before but that red is AWESOME!
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psyann . i love the new color.

I think I'll try a twist out on my boxed braids!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl2010 View Post
    psyann . i love the new color.

I think I'll try a twist out on my boxed braids!
    That sounds like it'd be epic!!!!! Lol be sure to report back.

Yes. Yes I did quote you with intent to taunt
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast