Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Afro gone wrong

**HERES A LINK TO PICTURES** http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/loveya4real/

mY VERY 1st post. TO see pics, go 2 my album i just created. Hope guys can see it

I've been transitioning for about 4 years. Usually i wear micro braids, or kinky twist. Other times I blow try, flat iron, and press my hair. Now I've decided to wear an afro but it isn't coming out right??!! Sort of like its straight on the ends (( probabbly go look at my pics in my album )) Any recommendations???

** never mind i couldn't create an album, so just look @ the profile pic
    Last edited by teenafrobeautyqueen; 12-23-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: FOUND PICTURES

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 years? O_O

Anyway, that sounds like damage or left over relaxed ends. Either way, you're gonna have to cut those straight ends off to get your hair to where you need it to be.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well over the years i've gotten my ends trimmed ever 3 or 4 months??..

ok so now i found a site to show pictures
    http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/loveya4real/

I've been transitioning for about 4 years. I've gotten my ends trimmed every 3 to 4 months. I've been wearing micro braids, kinky twist, and flat ironing and pressing my hair. I tried to do an afro but as you can see it didn't turn out right. Any suggestions??
    Last edited by Miss T; 12-23-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: duplicate posts. please dont.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds to me like you may have heat damage from pressing and flat ironing your hair. If the only part of your hair that is straight after you wash is your ends then it may be left over relaxed ends that you need to take off. In any event I would recommend you stop using heat on your hair because there is absolutely no benefit in it. Why go natural just to continue to damage your hair with heat to achieve the same ol straight relaxed looked? If you love your hair it will love you back

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teenafrobeautyqueen View Post
    Other times I blow try, flat iron, and press my hair. Now I've decided to wear an afro but it isn't coming out right??!! Sort of like its straight on the ends
    It's very possible that you have heat damage on the ends from the pressing, flat ironing, and blow drying. High heat can permanently break bonds in the hair so that the original texture is lost and the hair won't revert back. You may have to cut the heat-damaged hair off to get back to your virgin texture. Sorry!
    Challenge Yourself.
    My Fotki: Becoming Natural Password: AuNaturel

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you upload a picture to tinypic.com so we can see it more closely? And be sure to size it (in the 'edit' function) so that it's no more than about 500-600 pixels across.

Did you have hair that could do an afro before you got the perm (if you can remember)? How often do you use heat? Is it possible that you have heat damage?
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat damage looks like the culprit. Clip those dead lifeless ends. That is the only way your hair will flourish to what you want.
    TO BE LOCKED IS TO BE FREE!!!!