0 Thread(s)

Talking Took down my braids today....

.....And I did my very first hair regimen today;

Pre-poo: Honey and olive oil
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Followed by: Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner
    Moisturize: Aloe Vera Juice + Water
    Seal: Coconut Oil

Air drying right now and my hair feels and smells like a dream......Wooo thanks so much to everyone on NP! I have been doing so much research on trying to get a regimen in place that is good for me.....This is a huge accomplishment for me because when I was relaxing I never so much as washed my own hair. Now I'm gonna try bantu-knots out

Can't stop touching my hair.....I'll be back to protective styling shortly lol
    Loc'ed and Lovely!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go you! I'm working on a regimen myself. So far it's washing my hair every week or other week, putting in Blue Magic's leave-in conditioner (love this stuff) then letting it air dry in a bun and oiling my scalp after its dry. I'm working on finding a good deep conditioner treatment.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great for you!
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sdacosta: The DC treatment is still a challenge for me too, I just opted to mix some natural ingredients together and use one of those metallic conditioning caps - I used that and just left the mixture on a little longer to compensate for not sitting under the dryer (football time lol). The Motions CPR treatement conditioner was a dream for me-one of the stylists at the only natural salon on the island recommended it for transitioning because it minimizes breakage - and she was right. I felt the difference as soon as I put in on, so you can try that and see how it goes.

@lil19lyn: Thanks! Good encouragement for my journey....
    Loc'ed and Lovely!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissL2911 View Post
    @sdacosta: The DC treatment is still a challenge for me too, I just opted to mix some natural ingredients together and use one of those metallic conditioning caps - I used that and just left the mixture on a little longer to compensate for not sitting under the dryer (football time lol). The Motions CPR treatement conditioner was a dream for me-one of the stylists at the only natural salon on the island recommended it for transitioning because it minimizes breakage - and she was right. I felt the difference as soon as I put in on, so you can try that and see how it goes.

@lil19lyn: Thanks! Good encouragement for my journey....
    I'll have to try this CPR stuff as soon as I get out of the house to get it; the snow here is crazy. I want to get some Shea Butter too , as soon as I get back to Philly. For those that use Shea Butter, do you pop it in the microwave and let it melt a little? I know its silly to ask, but raw shea butter seems hard to work with without melting it down a little.