Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello ladies I was wondering if y'all can help. I have been latching (interlocking) my hair from the beginning (October 2010) and have had three people work on my head since then. I have noticed that some of my locs are thinned out. Is there anything I can do to prevent/ fix the thinning locs?
    [COLOR=#ffcc00][COLOR=Blue]Natural Beauty[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accidently latched two locs together...its been 3 weeks. Can this be fixed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dapoet87 View Post
    accidently latched two locs together...its been 3 weeks. Can this be fixed.
    Yes with patience. With my first set I had a lot that were latched together. Be gentle and it's easier to do while they're wet. HTH!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a lot of my locs combined yesteday. My loctician tst the 2 headed dragons and she told me that I could go through the middle of the tst with a latch hook tool to keep them from unraveling...can anyone explain how to do that...it seems like that would make a hole...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so Hey GAN,, I sure appreciate you showing me the latching process, but I thinkI am just to spoiled , and do not like the direction my locs are going in. So I was thinking of doing the coil from here on out so that if I got to the point I could cut and still have hair, and redo the regular locs or just be natural. but even when I interlock and they are tot eh root they look nothing like they did before and I think that what bothers me the most.. I just wanna scream!! AAARRGGhH!!! please help me to decide and how I should go from here. I have a profile pic on fb that I DONT want to change bcuz I want my locs to look exactly lke that again , and that was only 3 months ago.. * in love with my locs but in hate with the lack of maintenance* not working so I have to improvise. PLEASE HELP!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And as I was reading the comments again , I seen that overlatching can thin your locs , so do I need to take a time out and make sure Im not doing some I have already done in the last 2 weeks? Im very aware of my thinning locs, I just need some step by step help.
    Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anc0180 View Post
    Ok so Hey GAN,, I sure appreciate you showing me the latching process, but I thinkI am just to spoiled , and do not like the direction my locs are going in. So I was thinking of doing the coil from here on out so that if I got to the point I could cut and still have hair, and redo the regular locs or just be natural. but even when I interlock and they are tot eh root they look nothing like they did before and I think that what bothers me the most.. I just wanna scream!! AAARRGGhH!!! please help me to decide and how I should go from here. I have a profile pic on fb that I DONT want to change bcuz I want my locs to look exactly lke that again , and that was only 3 months ago.. * in love with my locs but in hate with the lack of maintenance* not working so I have to improvise. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anc0180 View Post
    And as I was reading the comments again , I seen that overlatching can thin your locs , so do I need to take a time out and make sure Im not doing some I have already done in the last 2 weeks? Im very aware of my thinning locs, I just need some step by step help.
    Thanks
    Hey girl! I totally understand! I'm not sure how to do any other methods really. I found the video below yesterday on how to use your fingers to interloc them and using the nappy loc tool, but other than that, I'm not sure how to maintain them other than that.

^^That video is really descriptive on interlocing and how to do it. That would probably be the best method if want them to look the way they did before. The key to keep them from thinning is just to make sure you don't do retis too often and make sure you don't do them too tight. Leave a little room before you finish each one so its not tugging at the scalp.

You could combine them various ways as well. I would highly recommend that for the ones that are thinning, especially any around the edges. Interlocing them together, twisting or braiding some together, etc is how you could do that. I wouldn't do anything drastic just yet. Its gonna take time to get used to it. You might find another loctician that could do the interlocing for you and it may not cost as much as a sisterlock reti.

If I stumble upon any tutorials, I will try to post them here for you!
    Last edited by ~GAN~; 04-24-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That video is really helpful, thanks for posting it. I still have a question, though: in that video, as well as other videos, I can't tell the difference between 6 and 12. It looks like she's splitting the new growth exactly in half and pulling the lock through the middle. I thought you weren't supposed to put a lock through the same hole twice - is that what she's doing?
    I mean, for 9 o'clock/west I can see she's making a hole at the left side of the middle, and I think she's doing the same for 3 o'clock/east on the right side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did my hair myself for the first time with a nappy loc tool. I was nervous about messing up my parts but i did a pretty good job. Do I need to stretch the loc before actually latching? I was told stretching helps with bunching.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so Im back,, Im in such of a dilemma, I hve me two appts set up.. for a tightening,, but due to unforseen daycare expenses....1000.00 worth,, I can not under any circumstances making either appt,, so Im back at the drawing board,, my locs are extremely fuzzy, and Im so cluessless on how to get that refined look again, I hearing people say try it wet, so I think what Im going to do is try it again and do it all weekend to see if I can do my whole head and actually see the difference, but my qeustion is if I decide to combine them, doo I have to wait til Im ready to tighten them again, and now that thwy are so unkempt they are super fuzzy (which I never had a problem with) i know they say dont use any product but Im tempted too, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast