User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trakar Guest

Default Products for extremely dry,thick,hard feeling 4b hair

Hello,

I need your suggestions for products for extremely dry, thick hard 4b hair. I’ve been roller and straw setting it and although I like the look it comes out really hard and dry. When my stylist set it for me it wasn’t dry but it was way too greasy (maybe that’s what I have to live with).

I also wonder if letting it dry naturally will help but I don’t want to end up with it being too frizzy and it would take forever to dry. I’ve used a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, kemi oil and it’s still dry – please help.

Thanks!

satriela Guest

what exactly do you do when u straw set? tell us the steps and the products involved in each step?

ajargon Guest

My hair was really dry and hard. I read about the no poo method,and it has really been working for me this past year. I do a light shampoo every once in a while,but when I started to no poo,that really helped. I also use a daily leave in conditioner. I make my own,and also use commercial leave in's. I just had to get sample sizes to find out what my hair liked,in what amounts and stuff to get it right. Every few months I had to switch it up though,cause it was like my hair became immune. When I started to twist my hair when it was moist with my shea butter mix and either lock-n-twist,or control d substance,my hair would be much softer and when I spray on my homemade hair spray,my hair would lock in that moisture. You may want to look up the no poo method,also what products are you using? Protein packed stuff can make the hair hard,also mineral oil and petroleum will not help either,atleast in my case.

Chroma75 Guest

Redken Allsoft Shampoo and Conditioner is great for softening hair.
    Try it!

truepeace Guest

Redken All Soft, Taliah Waajid Herbal Conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator's Hair Mayonnaise work well on my 4b hair.

krazeenapps Guest

I...like...Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It's thick, and concetrated, and can be used as a deep conditioner, leave-in conditioner, OR a rinse-out conditioner.

Water WILL NOT HURT YOU!! Water is sooooo good, it can keep your hair soft, especially if you put some glycerin in it. Spray a little bit on from time to time, and you're good as gold.

J Guest

Trakar I have 4b hair also. It's very dry.
    However, since I've been doing the no poo routine, it's much better.
    I use Elucence moisturizing conditioner for my no poo's.

I also use STA-SOF-FRO. It's fabulous. Nothing, and I mean, Nothing has made my hair more manageable than this product. I spray it on each morning, or when I am doing my twists. It keeps my ends moisturized.

I also use QP MANGO BUTTER. Both are great for 4b hair.

CurleeDST Guest

Ya kow I have to use the Allsoft Heavy Cream b/c the regular conditioner does NOTHING 4 me.

Redken All Soft, Taliah Waajid Herbal Conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator's Hair Mayonnaise work well on my 4b hair.

CurleeDST Guest

I keep hearing about the QP Mango Butter. How is this product?

Trakar I have 4b hair also. It's very dry.
    However, since I've been doing the no poo routine, it's much better.
    I use Elucence moisturizing conditioner for my no poo's.

I also use STA-SOF-FRO. It's fabulous. Nothing, and I mean, Nothing has made my hair more manageable than this product. I spray it on each morning, or when I am doing my twists. It keeps my ends moisturized.

I also use QP MANGO BUTTER. Both are great for 4b hair.

J Guest

CurleeDST
    This product works great on my 4b hair.
    It's called ELASTA QP MANGO BUTTER MOISTURIZER.
    I got it at Walgreens. I use it on my ends when I'm doing my twists. It prevents them from going dry. And the scent is just icing on the cake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast