Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I know here in Atlanta there is this 'Salvation Army thrift store' that does 50% on everything on Wednesdays. So I think if you guys have a Salvation Army you should look into that to see if they do it in your area too.

And on Saturdays, they put up all the new items, but you got to get there early in the morning before other people get the good stuff!

Also, if anyone has a 'Rag-o-Rama' in their area, they're having a $1 sale on Feb 19th & 20th.

Another tip is you could try driving out to thrift stores that are near the rich neighborhoods because you'll find nicer things.
    My Hair Journey: http://public.fotki.com/Samiah90/

~*.*~ONE YEAR NATURAL! ~*.*~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samiah View Post
    Well, I know here in Atlanta there is this 'Salvation Army thrift store' that does 50% on everything on Wednesdays. So I think if you guys have a Salvation Army you should look into that to see if they do it in your area too.

And on Saturdays, they put up all the new items, but you got to get there early in the morning before other people get the good stuff!

Also, if anyone has a 'Rag-o-Rama' in their area, they're having a $1 sale on Feb 19th & 20th.

Another tip is you could try driving out to thrift stores that are near the rich neighborhoods because you'll find nicer things.
    I do this alot.

Also, some local retailers donate directly to local thrift stores like The Salvation Army or Goodwill. I ask the sales people if they have any stores that do that and I also ask them what days do they give discounts. My cousin got 6 bridesmaids dresses for $10/each because David's Bridal donated a whole bunch of clothes to her favorite thrift store.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Might have to join this one. With the exception that I finished paying for my bridesmaid dress yesterday and that I have some pants to exchange at F21 that were purchased prior to the new year.

Any tips on posting from phone directly here cuz I have more access to that than computer? Or should I just keep uploading the link to my Fotki?

I'm also attempting to wear my actual thrift store clothes daily. ( seeing that i only buy outrageous things and not day to Fay wearable items.

I'll come back and post my exceptions to the rule.
    Love IS pain: I think I found my painful love and don't know what to do with it
    Currently: Loced 12/18/09.
    albums, under construction!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooo, I almost relapsed last night. I saw a military style Betsy Johnson coat while walking around on my lunch hour. It was 75% off!!! But it still would have been over $100. I dug deep downd and was able to resist.

It's a good thing I did. This morning my water pump cracked. The parts & labor to get it fixed is almost $700!!!! I would have been crying if I spent that money on a non-refundable coat.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stay strong!!!!
    Love IS pain: I think I found my painful love and don't know what to do with it
    Currently: Loced 12/18/09.
    albums, under construction!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome delicaterose!!

I do this too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    My tip I would like to contribute is DON'T be afraid to negioate the price down on a slightly "defective" item at a garage sell, thrift store, or regular department store.
    I didn't know you could do this, since it is second hand! Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by MzCuteBrownLeo View Post
    Also, some local retailers donate directly to local thrift stores like The Salvation Army or Goodwill.
    In my area, Target stores give to the Goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by MzCuteBrownLeo View Post
    Sooo, I almost relapsed last night. I saw a military style Betsy Johnson coat while walking around on my lunch hour. It was 75% off!!! But it still would have been over $100. I dug deep downd and was able to resist.

It's a good thing I did. This morning my water pump cracked. The parts & labor to get it fixed is almost $700!!!! I would have been crying if I spent that money on a non-refundable coat.
    Viva la resistance!! LOL A cracked water pump is no good but I am glad this challenge is beneficial already.
    FKA: Kayday23

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been saying I will start shopping at thrift stores for months now. This thread is like a confirmation to me that I really need to do so. I rarely buy clothes but a few times a year anyway, except undies, so I will join!
    FORMERLY: MyzNappy2Be
    Last CFC:10/24/09/Fully Natural:01/24/10
    1-yr Nappyversary: 01/24/11
    Twitter-@NappyCeditor

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely co-sign this.. I've found one beautiful silk top (I get many compliments on it - It cost me 5 bucks)..in a Goodwill near a wealthy district.... but I have to fumigate it first.. wearing someone else's clothes really does give me the heebie jeebies..
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im down for this. My wardrobe is sorely lacking but im wondering if I can build it with just really good thrift finds. My exceptions will be shoes and undies too
    First set of locks: Sept. 14, 1999 - April 22, 2011
    Current set of locks: newly under way

Thank you Pank fairy for Panking me!!! Blessings to you! XOXOXO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome MyzNappy2Be and Dovechild20!!

How's everyone doing?

I haven't had a chance to do any shopping yet as life has been so busy but I have had to throw out some coupons to some clothing stores ($30 off $75 at NY&C) because they would expire before this challenge is over. That hurt but I reminded myself that $45 will go much farther at a thrift store anyway. I hope to go shopping on Saturday and get some steals!!
    FKA: Kayday23

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast