Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Sweating Out My Natural Flat Ironed Hair

ok so i am transitioning now but on jan 15 i am doing my BC. my hair will be a twa so i cant just toss it up in a pony tail but i do exercise 3 times a wk and i dont want to sacrifice my style for fitness or vice versa. i am only flat ironing my hair because i do not have the confidence to wear my hair natural just yet (highschool senior). i've been thinking if i sweat it out then i can throw a wig on nd that'll be the end of my hair questions but i dont have any! i am soooo not a hair person and thats why im scared to do anything that would mest up any style that works. help! only if you flat iron your hair and preserve the style while exercising.

NRB229 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to take a gander at the homepage we do not advocate the use of heat to change the texture of your hair on this site. If you are looking for information regarding how to wear, style, or care for your hair feel free to use the search feature, you can find a lot of helpful information.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturallyreborn217's comment explains why no one has answered this question

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldn't help but chime in, sorry

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't discuss anything related to heat processing of hair. I would suggest you continue to workout and look into wearing protective styles like braids and twists. Since you're still in school, those styles will free up your time in the morning.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think yue shood, instead of flat ironing the hair, do a protective hair style such as a braids and twists - that was how i transitioned. during the meantime, you ought to explore this site and find ways to properly take care of your hair so you won't feel lost when yue are completely natural. there is a transitioners section in the forum, so help yuerself to that section. the natural journey is also a mental one, so by exploring this site i hope you find beauty in your hair in its natural state. all the best of luck.

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another flat iron thread 'ey? You won't find anyone on this site who will help you figure out how to maintain your hair after you've altered it by using heat or chemicals. There are loads of threads here that will help you learn how to maintain your natural "do." Do a search.
    Last edited by HimmysLocz; 01-04-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really in 2011 we still getting these threads....Where is my favorite Mod T?
    Last Time Flat Ironing mid-April 2010
    Big Chopmid-June 2010~have not looked back since.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa1694 View Post
    ok so i am transitioning now but on jan 15 i am doing my BC. my hair will be a twa so i cant just toss it up in a pony tail but i do exercise 3 times a wk and i dont want to sacrifice my style for fitness or vice versa. i am only flat ironing my hair because i do not have the confidence to wear my hair natural just yet (highschool senior). i've been thinking if i sweat it out then i can throw a wig on nd that'll be the end of my hair questions but i dont have any! i am soooo not a hair person and thats why im scared to do anything that would mest up any style that works. help! only if you flat iron your hair and preserve the style while exercising.
    Please don't straighten your hair. It causes heat damage and a bunch of other crap. Plus, we aren't really supposed to talk about straightening hair on this forum. However, you can use protective styles ie kinky twists, box braids, extensions etc so that you hair won't look flat out natural. However, these protective styles will help to make your hair grow longer because of less breakage.

And in high school at least at my school, a lot of people liked my natural hair and it was finger combed almost every period...idk, maybe the people at my school were just weird lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that my original repsonse is out of the way I can be more helpful.

OP I have 3 questions for you and then a statement

1. If you are not confident with your natural hair why are you doing the big chop? If you do not gain this confidence there is a huge probability that you will relapse into harmful hair care techniques.

2. If you work out 3 times a week and your hair will revert if you torture it with heating utensils why fight a loosing battle?

3. Did you read the mission statement of Nappturailty.com?

Statement:

Even those who use wigs as a staple style have to care for the hair under the wig. You MUST get to know your hair in order for it to be healthy and flourish. I urge you to get to know your true hair texture and love it for what it is. A wig will only be a crutch and if you really want to gain complete confidence in your natural hair you must learn to accept your hair and wear it out in its full glory.
    Last Time Flat Ironing mid-April 2010
    Big Chopmid-June 2010~have not looked back since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast