Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Transitioning

Hi to all my natural sister and those who are transitioning. I found Nappturality while researching on the net. I was inspired by two of my sisters to go natural. Both of my sisters are in the transitioning phase. My reasons for going natural are to have healthy hair. I have never had a problem growing my hair. I love the short haircuts I had in the past. But for some reason my hair sheds alot. I have seen many of the videos on youtube. I feel with the support of my sisters I will be great with my natural hair. I'm so excited to take this journey. I was one of those people who grew up getting relaxers. My mother didn't put them in my hair. She would wash our hair once a week and keep it braided. But when I moved in with my father and step-mother this is when the relaxers began. I was told this was the only way to make my hair more manageable. Well I no longer feel this way. My last relaxer was in November 2010. I know that it hasn't been that long. Enough of my history. I look forward to gaining the knowledge to keep my hair healthy and relaxer free.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh @ "this is the only way to make hair manageable"....I guess some folk will be stuck in ignorance for their entire life span.....

Well, congrats on knowing better!!!! Welcome to NP and hope you find all the support and advice you need and I know your natural journey will be AWESOME!!!
    BC'd: July 20, 2010
    Natural Hair/Personal Blog: http://imanaturalblackgirl.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Thanks for sharing a bit of your history with us. I really enjoyed reading it. It's great that you have two natural sisters to support you and offer some tips along the way. This site is a great resource too. It's filled with lots of information, inspiration, and encouragement. Just speak up when you need help and continue to share.

Congrats on your decision to transition and see you around the site.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to NP! And how great it is that you and your sisters will be sharing this journey.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome and congratz on deciding to transition! How long do you plan to transition or will you do the BC?
    ~NaturallyBlu~
    1st Relaxer---- May 1999 < > Last Relaxer--- July 10, 2010
    I'm going Black to the Basics!!!
    www.NaturallyBlutiful.Blogspot.com
    www.Youtube.com/NaturallyBlu