Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat and straightening are big NO-NOs on the site. No excuses. No exceptions.

This site is about embracing, accepting, and loving the natural unaltered texture of one's head.

If you'd like to discuss damaging your hair, there are many other websites for such discussion. But not this one.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    What she said.

*continue on twisting my hair*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cami88 View Post
    This is irrelevant to me. I don't care if Jesus runs the site--I'm allowed to hold a dissenting opinion if I so desire. The point of my post was to understand what about straightening is frowned upon. Thanks ladies for your responses.
    What should be done...if you hold a dissenting opinion to "posted rules" of the site is to email the site owner or moderates and discuss the rules via pm's with them. Not start a topic that is already in many places on the board, stated that it is not allowed. Everyone in this tread has given you the reasons why "heat" discussions are not allowed on NP, including a link to the reasons why the site owner has stated why she is against heat usage and why she does not allow it on this board.
    Wear your hair like you MEAN IT...LBellatrix
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
    http://dezgoesnatural.blogspot.com
    See profile for fotki link (finally updated)
    Last hit of the white creamy crack: June 2007
    Full fledged nappy: 12/29/2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    What should be done...if you hold a dissenting opinion to "posted rules" of the site is to email the site owner or moderates and discuss the rules via pm's with them. Not start a topic that is already in many places on the board, stated that it is not allowed. Everyone in this tread has given you the reasons why "heat" discussions are not allowed on NP, including a link to the reasons why the site owner has stated why she is against heat usage and why she does not allow it on this board.
    Yep yep ***in my Teddy Riley voice***

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP - Not all of us are operating on the same premise as you. I don't agree that the purpose of banding is straightening given that on many of the heads who do band, the hair does not get straight. The purpose is lengthening the hair for styling purposes, cut down on tangling, etc. There may be some who they to mimic straight styles with banding, but the same cam be said about a lot of styling practices. In my personal case, my hair can get blowout straight by brushing it. Is brushing a problem now too? No.

In my opinion the issue with heat isn't the damage although The fact that it can cause damage too is an issue, but the point is the mentality behind the "styling method". Straightening IMO is not a styling method. Styling is what folks do after they've straightened their hair. Straightening is about disguising ones true texture and making it into something else pure and simple. To me banding your hair ones hair to make it - say - easier to put into a roller set whereupon completion the hair will be pretty but still, likely, clearly highly textured is in no way whatsoever the same as burning the texture completely out of ones hair. IMO one is styling your hair and one is altering and disguising the texture and appearance of your hair, the latter of which isn't just against "the rules", but against the mission of the site.
    Last edited by Soul Rebel; 01-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electra View Post
    I've yet to discover any thing that will straighten my hair that is not a hot comb or a blow dryer. And I am a regular bander. Who gets their hair straight with some rubber bands? Where dey do dat at? Just curious lol my banding results are below...

OMGoshh... Electra your hair is soooo pretty!!! I now wanna try banding just to pull this off(even thou i doubt mine will look as pretty *sigh*)
    I'm just me, beautifully!
    Napptural since March 2009
    DON'T MIND ME, IM JUST ODD!
    http://sweetcynicisrampage.tumblr.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cami88 View Post
    This is irrelevant to me. I don't care if Jesus runs the site--I'm allowed to hold a dissenting opinion if I so desire. The point of my post was to understand what about straightening is frowned upon. Thanks ladies for your responses.
    Posts like this come off as very EFF YO COUCH!! Yes, you're "allowed" to hold a dissenting opinion. No one cares if you straighten your hair with two hands every day....as long as you don't bring it ovah hurr

the artist formerly known as Electra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12