Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy HELP! I Flat-ironed my hair and NOW.....

it won't revert back I am so upset, I could just cry. I was told to NOT flat-iron my hair, but didn't listen, and now I'm paying for it. Is there anything I can do, besides another BC? Like maybe a hair repair treatment or something. The roots are still nappy, but the ends are straight and I'm so heartbroken. I LOVE MY NAPPS!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair is DAMAGED. Accept it as a loss, learn the lesson, and DON'T do it again.

For the sake of my curiosity, how do you claim to love your naps so much when you willingly burned them away?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's all she wrote.

Check these out. http://www.nappturality.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NappyJoyce View Post
    it won't revert back I am so upset, I could just cry. I was told to NOT flat-iron my hair, but didn't listen, and now I'm paying for it. Is there anything I can do, besides another BC? Like maybe a hair repair treatment or something. The roots are still nappy, but the ends are straight and I'm so heartbroken. I LOVE MY NAPPS!!

In addition to what is written above.. You really need to reflect on what drove you to flat iron in the first place.. Perhaps you have not found styles that make you feel at peace with your natural hair.. Even if there were some magic trick to help you revert you would still have to deal with why you chose to flat iron...

As of right now you need to treat your hair as if it is permed and simply transition again into a full head of natural hair..
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel your pain dear Try some protein treatments (be sure to moisturize after!). That's all I got. Good luck, we ALL make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

G.Eve is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, dear. So sorry. Try a beer rinse. Go onto YT and check it out. Wash your hair as normal they use flat beer and abt 2 drops of oil to rinse it.....hope it works, and please learn from this. Let us know how it goes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khalliqa View Post
    In addition to what is written above.. You really need to reflect on what drove you to flat iron in the first place.. Perhaps you have not found styles that make you feel at peace with your natural hair.. Even if there were some magic trick to help you revert you would still have to deal with why you chose to flat iron...
    I agree I flat ironed for YEARS before I realized I wasn't doing my hair any favors or coming any closer to embracing my naps - so I BC'd again (3rd time was the charm ) and haven't come anywhere near a flat iron or even a blow dryer! I honestly was "used to" how I looked with straight hair and always fell back on that - although I loved my curls and they way they looked when I left them alone!

I wish you the best!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exotica_X View Post

For the sake of my curiosity, how do you claim to love your naps so much when you willingly burned them away?
    I think it's unfair to question how much she loves her natural hair just b/c she decided to flat iron. Maybe she just wanted to try something different with it. Many folks who participate on NP have flat ironed their hair they just don't advertise it on here since it's not allowed. Doesn't mean they hate their naps. The OP made a bad decision and regrets it. Why make her feel worse? If she didn't love her natural hair she would feel little to no remorse about the heat damage and would just continue straightening it. I mean damn, can't folks make mistakes up in this piece?

@ the OP. Sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately for many naturals flat ironing is a BIG risk. You'll have to literally cut your losses and start over.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't trying to make OP feel worse, I was just wondering because it seemed contradictory to me, that's all.

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NappyJoyce View Post
    You can do another chop or you can grow the damaged hair out and trim every month (this is what I did). You'll have to find styles that make your hair look the same all over. Braidouts with the ends set on perm rods are good for something like this.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast