Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that as a 46 yr old vegan/vegetarian for 4 years my health is in order, but I forget to
    Practice what I preach in remembering to take time for me. I spent 2012 in focusing
    On helping my mom to adjust to my dad's death in Dec 2011 from cancer that I forgot
    About my needs in treating myself to the relaxation and healthy mental breaks
    To rejuvenate myself as I work and help mom. 2013 will be my year to learn again to
    Focus on my rejuvenating needs so I can help others without being constantly drained
    Last edited by zenvegetarian; 12-25-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Please seek permissions to advertise

2. Likes Serbbral liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To rejuvenate myself as I work and help mom. 2013 will be my year to learn again to
    Focus on my rejuvenating needs so I can help others without being constantly drained
    AMEN and AMEN! I'm good about buying myself trinkets and trips but what I really need (on the regular) is R&R so that is my focus for 2013 as well. I took a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon and I thought it would prevent me from sleeping through the nite but it really helped relax me, took a warm bath and then leisurely read a book before I hit the sack.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    1. Well I got a car last year so been going out more, but went back to school so not as sociable as planned

2. Went to Beginners Spanish classes, had fun will do more once I've graduated next year.

3-5 Still on the list.

6. Find a rich man and keep him!
    1. Still at school took a year off due to ill parent but back at it again
    2. On hold due to number 1.
    4. Started off well with the fitness regimes in 2012 then winter came lol However started back again.
    3&5&6 Still in dream mode

Its interesting how life gets in the way of dreams
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

5. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swingbolder View Post
    -successfully finish nursing school

-more importantly successfully finish nursing school while maintaining a healthy work/life balance

-keep fit

-make music every day

-continue to mature spiritually

-keep in better touch with the people I love (there aren't that many of them)

-spend more time in nature, consistently
    Re-reading this post of mine from a year ago, I'm finding that I've made progress/achieved 4/6 of the goals I outlined above:

"Successfully finish nursing school" I did finish nursing school in May, with a 4.0 GPA, got a nice scholarship because of my grades, passed my board exam, got licensed, and am now working as a nurse in a job I really like.

"Keep fit" I'm not really keeping fit, but I am eating well. I do yoga every day for 15-20 min and walk maybe 2-3x a week, but I want to get more into weight training, push-ups, that sort of thing. Y'know, get tight. Still working on this.

"Make music every day" -- almost, but not quite. I joined a band and we had our first gig on Saturday night. It was really fun, the music sounded great, and afterwards these other musicians who were there asked me to sing vocals on some recording they're doing.
    I'm also back to playing my harmonica and plan to get some acoustic stuff together and do open mics. Need to set that to a schedule so it really happens as opposed to me planning it to happen.

-"Continue to mature spiritually" -- Definitely, yes. Have been making time for daily meditation, prayer, reading the holy books. Also actively working on stuff like patience, kindness, not being judgemental.

"Keep in better touch with the people I love" -- Yup, especially my brother and my mother.

"Spend more time in nature, consistently" -- Have definitely fallen down on this one. Need to hit the hiking trails again, at least once a week.

7. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Likes Msretta, Savantrice liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've been talking about going back to school. I don't know what was stopping me all these years. I wish I would have made the decision earlier though. I started my first semester fall 2012. School just started in January so I am moving right along with this goal.

I still have to get to Vegas. It will be my first time ever.
    I want to get healthy and add more vegetables to my diet.
    I need to get moving and exercise.
    I need to take steps to write more and to get my work published.
    Once I get this degree, MOVE!
    Travel more in the country but USE the passport and get out of the country.
    I was told years ago that life was more exciting at 40, welp I'm 43 and I still haven't found it...help!
    Meet more like minded people.
    Growing springy, coily, cottony, thick Nappaliciousness since 01/98, joined NP 10/23/02

My hair is the combined contribution of all my generations and it is infinitely me

Texture:

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zenvegetarian View Post
    I spent 2012 in focusing
    On helping my mom to adjust to my dad's death in Dec 2011 from cancer that I forgot
    +110101010101010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What changes do you want to make at 40+?

-Increase prayer and bible study
    -Conduct a solid work out routine
    -Have fun
    -Allow love to find me
    [URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/31676293"]
    [/URL][COLOR=#993399][/COLOR]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What changes do you want to make at 40+?

wow, 2 years since my last post BUT:

I'll be 47 in two weeks and NOBODY believes me! Black don't crack, God is great!
    My daughter and I finished college - me last year, she this year, son in community college, empty nest is coming!
    Starting swimming lessons on Sunday, thus begins my 1st step to scuba diving around the world!
    Finally got sick and tired of being sick and tired about this weight and I expect to see a nice decrease by year's end

Overall I'm all about wellness, living for today and smelling the roses along the way. Long overdue an indulgent beach bum type of vacation, trying to figure which island is the cheapest yet most beautiful....any suggestions??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567