Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Bunny View Post
    NOTHING! My hair is so fine that it looks like CRAP in all protective styles, even buns. And I've TRIED repeatedly. I have just faced facts that I won't be able to do that. What's more, I never understood how a bun could be protective anyway--it requires pulling back and securing with elastics. When my hair was relaxed, wearing ponytails made it break off due to the constant friction.

I got SOOOOOO excited when I saw Kimmaytube's tuck and go hairstyle. I thought, "Yay! Finally a protective style I can wear!" It looked SO shty that several people told me to my face how bad it looked. I couldn't even say much, because they were right. My hair is fine, so it seemed to pack down into nothing. See for yourself:

I think it looks nice! I don't know why people would say it looks otherwise. If you think it needs more volume, maybe you could finger fluff and separate your strands before bunning. Our hair strands are so skinny that this is sometimes necessary.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you guys mean..I have so much face going on that usually most pulled back styles don't look good on me. What i've been doing is sacrificing the health of my bangs to just have it out (twisted so it doesn't flop up) and protecting the back in a bun or pinned up.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Bunny
    See for yourself:
    I think it looks nice!!

My hair strands are reallllly thin but I have so much hair it's hard for a lot of people to tell unless I wear box braids that aren't small size. I love wearing buns right now. Super simple and easy style and I'm out the door in five minutes.
    Rolling up on six years natural. What a journey!

mikou is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear what some people are saying about bunning possibly putting stress on the hair. I guess I don't do a real bun. Sometimes I use a sideways banana clip (got that from Kimmaytube) and tuck the end away with pins or a comb. Alternatively, I do a roll. I try to use seamless/snagless combs or pins. I feel it looks neat and professional and has helped a lot with retaining my growth.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Bunny View Post
    NOTHING! My hair is so fine that it looks like CRAP in all protective styles, even buns. And I've TRIED repeatedly. I have just faced facts that I won't be able to do that. What's more, I never understood how a bun could be protective anyway--it requires pulling back and securing with elastics. When my hair was relaxed, wearing ponytails made it break off due to the constant friction.

I got SOOOOOO excited when I saw Kimmaytube's tuck and go hairstyle. I thought, "Yay! Finally a protective style I can wear!" It looked SO shty that several people told me to my face how bad it looked. I couldn't even say much, because they were right. My hair is fine, so it seemed to pack down into nothing. See for yourself:

I feel you. I just feel like my face is too large for those pulled back styles. Makes me feel sad, we're left out a whole level of napdom! But detangling is awesome. Can't have I guess.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by au napptural View Post
    But detangling is awesome

Well, I can't go that far with you on that... But it IS the only time I DON'T wish I had twice as many follicles.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just twisted mine last night. took damn near 4hrs. but i can wear it like this til almost the end of next week, then a twist out for a week.

been wanting to loc, but been too broke to go to a salon. it's getting pretty long and i am not taking care of it as much as i should. (lazy)
    <div align="center"><Last Perm - January 16, 2006>

~Big Chop - April 8, 2006~</div>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123