kell is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long hair or short I think it was just an excuse to break up. Have you ever heard somone say they gained weight and their partner didn't like it so they broke up and then their new girl is bigger than the one before. Excuses, are not always the real reason. I've seen plenty of men with long locs date ladies with shot locs or a twa.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be jealousy or another excuse. His girlfriend was aware of his length prior, so my guess is the latter. I don't know if the girlfriend has been ridiculed for her hair length or received negativity from her family & friends for dating a man with dreads. An individual with a hair complex is least likely to date someone with length. Unless you've heard the girlfriend directly say it, she broke up probably for a non hair reason and it's just a scapegoat. Another possible theory, insecurity. Maybe he gets lots of attention with locs.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep.

And that girl seems so childish..what a lame excuse.

Last CFC: 1/3/09

BC: 5/28/09

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad she feels that way, guys with long hair are hott. Locs, too? *drool*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not normally attracted to long hair on guys, but I have dated one who had hair a few inches below shoulder length and one with hair just shy of butt length. Like anything else, it had its pros and cons. I liked the freedom to play in their hair without the responsibility of caring for it all the time. But I didn't like ending up with their sheddings on my clothes and stuff. And the one with butt length hair had frequent headaches from it, which sometimes was a bother for both of us. Overall, hair wasn't a huge deal and I wouldn't break up with or stay with anyone because of it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I definitely would date a guy with longer hair than mine - as long as he meets the criteria on my list, it's all good. Funny, hair isn't on my list of things required in a man, but long hair (dreads) is a definite turn on.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love long hair on men, so his hair being longer than mine wouldn't bother me a bit. After all, it's just hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am . Well he cut his hair a few months back, after spring semester let out. When I met him his hair was longer and gorgeous. It was all wavy and silky and had all different kinds of shades of colors in it, I loved it (oh btw he is white). Then he decided to cut it for summer and I got sad but then I loved it short. I think I just love his hair . But I don't have a problem with it, as long as he looks good. If not so much, then I might mention trying a different style. But I wouldn't break up with the guy over that, that's ludicrous lol.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there's gotta be something else going on there. I was told one time that I was too big, but I later saw the dude with a chica much, much, much bigger than me....so....I'm still confused.

If I was in her place, heck no I wouldn't break up over that! I would love playing in my man's hair and asking him for hair growth and retention tips. LOL
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's crazy! I LOVE guys with long hair... What a silly reason to break up with someone. And I think the jealousy thing is due to her lack of self-esteem!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast