Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I def need to get back on the OCM train. I remember it working beautifully for my skin (i used a 50/50 castor oil evco mix)..i just got kinda lazy lol. Now that i constructing a whole new natural skin care reggie im so glad i found this thread! I plan on trying out a 50/50 castor oil and grapeseed oil mix, and my original CO/EVCO mix to see which one i like better. For fall/winter i plan on switching out the lighter oils for EVOO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely interested in this. I've never really been prone to break outs, but in the last month I have had a few. I attributed it to hair products on getting on my face and a new use of makeup (foundation & tinted moisturizer). I've never really worn make up before and I wonder if this could be the culprit, especially since I've had the break out when I've not used a facewash but had just cucumbers face wipes on hand. I don't think they went deep enough.

I like to keep things as natural as possible, so I'm pretty intrigued by this. Can you do this for your entire body or is it cost prohibitive?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a coconut/castor oil blend to remove my eye makeup and since I've been reading this thread, I thought well, why not use it to cleanse my face, too. I have no idea what the proportions are, lol. It's way more coconut than castor oil.

Hmmm, looks like I will need more washcloths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this seems like a really good method, except for the "purging" part

if it makes you break out even more....about how long does that period end?

for anyone who did go through it, do the effects last even until today?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting this tonight. I did this years ago, but I didn't know you had to wipe/steam the oil off. I would sleep in it and let the shower wash it off in the morning. DISASTROUS!! So that doesn't count.

I picked up a darling little cruet!

Shallow? Materialistic? Yes. But presentation is key.

Just thinking of how to get gorgeous skin wasn't enough. I wanted something beautiful in my bathroom, too. So it'd catch my eye and I'd be happy to use it every time. Probably going to use muslin instead of washcloths. I'd probably forget and put the OCM washcloths in the family towel cabinet. And I have a ton of muslin going spare.

Making up my first batch. Going to post back in a week.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

6. Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to take Day Zero pics, but here are some Day 2 pics: chin and neck.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been doing the oil cleansing method for about a little over a month. my face is looking way better. my friend complimented me the other day. but I am still going through the purging phase. I figured it would be long since I have some serious acne. I have had acne since I was about 12. Nothing the derm gave me or those over the counter beauty products (even the high end shit) didn't work. The clearest my skin ever was, was when I was living outside of NYC (texas and arizona). when I came back to NYC, same shit. Everyone said, oh you will grow out of it. I'm twenty muthafu*ckin' nine.

I finally started the OCM because I figure I don't have anything to lose. But I wasn't too sure because with my skin (combination), it was a no no. I didn't want to go too heavy so I started with sweet almond and that was great. Then I said let me try my fav oil grapeseed. that as good but not as great as the sweet almond.

during this purging period I have had some great skin days (no breakouts) and a few breakouts but that usually occurs when my diet is not the greatest. I have really learned what my body can tolerate (like i have to be very careful with dairy and certain meats (no more cold cuts or red meats because I believe they lead to breakouts for me).

I can't wait to see what my face looks like after a few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

9. Likes fuzzy_slippers liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on OCM. It hurt too much.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy_slippers View Post
    I gave up on OCM. It hurt too much.
    As in physical pain? How so?
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    As in physical pain? How so?
    My apologies for taking damn near a year to get back to this.

I have cystic acne. It wasn't as bad as some people get, but mine would make lumps under my skin that would take forever to come to a head. As long as I didn't pop them, I wouldn't get bruises or scars, but my complexion was very bumpy. Trying to get to the right mixture of oils was tedious. On a lot of sites, I'd read that when you do find the right blend your skin goes through a purge and after that, it's smooth sailing and baby bottom skin and rainbow and kittens.

I think I found the right blend, because a couple days after adjusting my mixture my skin wanted to explode. My acne became worse than ever, which I thought I was prepared for. But it hurt to move my face. The pressure built up and I could feel all that acne-pus-yetch pushing at the surface of my skin. The worst one took about six months before I could pop it.

I've switched to The Regimen.

1. Wet skin. I just let warm water run on my face in the shower.
    2. Lather a gentle cleanser. I use 3 or 4 pumps.
    3. Wash. This part is pretty quick and gentle. The trick is to get a good lather then smooth it over your face. You don't scrub. You let the bubbles do everything. I wash for longer than the ten seconds recommended in the video because I get the really painful acne inside my ears and down to my shoulders.
    4. Rinse. Again, I let the water do it.
    5. Air dry. I do my hair and get dressed, then wash my hands before I touch my face.
    6. Benzoyl Peroxide. It dries kind of chalky on my skin when I use a lot. But I figured that I was so embarrassed by my acne that I couldn't feel worse. I don't use as much now as I did in the beginning weeks.
    7. Sunscreen.

I don't use the website's brand of cleanser and stuff. I pick up everything from the grocery store.
    Cleanser: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming Formula
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6887295_600x600.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	10625

Benzoyl Peroxide: Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment

Name:	6801790_600x600.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	10627

or Clean and Clear Persa-gel 10 for when I want to clear up a dark spot super fast.

Name:	Persa-Gel-10Acne-Med-360x436.jpg 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	10628

I've even had great results with ZapZyt, but it just feels grainier than the others.

Name:	450.jpg 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	10629

Moisturizer: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 100

Name:	6887310_600x600.jpg 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	10626

At first it makes my skin very dry, then all the painful acne nodules flatten. Then the dark spots flake off until they're gone. I travel a lot for work and I don't always go places where I can get products mailed in. If I don't follow the regimen, I'll start to break out again after about three weeks. Once I start back, it takes about a month to clear my skin up. I haven't had any breakouts as bad as the one that made me quit OCM.

One thing that I do differently and probably isn't recommended: once a week, I wash my face with a baby electric toothbrush. And once every two weeks, I do an egg white mask.

No more dermatologist visits. No more trial and error. It reminds me of how Proactiv used to work for me in the beginning. But I didn't find consistency in the Proactiv batches. Some boxes were better (fresher?) than others. I spend less on skin care and the results come out the same every time.

If you want, I'll add some photos over the next four weeks. I've come back from a field exercise and while I managed to keep my hair really moisturized out there, my skin looks gross.
    Last edited by Squiggly; 08-22-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    AKA: fuzzy_slippers

Still Nappy. Still Happy, ya'll!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345