Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a yes on it not being out of the question for me to receive temporary custody of my eldest nephew, within the next couple of years. I want to be his custodial parent at least through 6th and 8th grade, as well as co-parenting (if not retaining custody for) his high school attendance or homeschooling for that period. Tag me in!
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

2. Likes ~GAN~, underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My baby is turning 6 tomorrow!! I'm finding myself becoming more and more emotional when I look at him and realize how big he has gotten. I was watching the movie LUV the other day with Common and the little boy in the movie reminded me of how my son will soon be making that transformation into a young man soon. I cried a lot during that movie just because of that. lol. His life will no longer be about smiling and laughing cartoons and all things "good", but he will one day see the ugly part of the world. I don't want to think about what he will have to go through in life as a black male. I wish I could always protect him. I hope his personality will never change and that he keeps seeking knowledge. I'm so proud of him! I can't stop crying whenever I think about him getting older though. =(

4. Likes Vavoon, underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ i am not a parent yet but i already get sad just thinking of how my kids will grow up so fast. i thought maybe i could alleviate these worries by getting a pet too.

6. Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of in my feelings today. I love having a son but as he gets older, I'm noticing his relationship with hubby is becoming stronger everyday and I feel more distant. I'm not jealous of it, I LOVE see them together. Father relationships have always been so beautiful to me. I think its just that sometimes I feel like I no longer have anything to offer outside of being a nurturer. Things that come natural to me (girlie things), I can't really share or experience with him because he's a boy and he's into different things now. I'm longing for a mother daughter relationship since I don't really have one with my own mom. I want the chance to have a close relationship like I see so many other's have with their mom's. At the same time, I don't want any more kids. *shrugs*

8. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a friend of mine who has not a child on this earth tells me I should give my (just graduated) daughter 30 days to get out of my home. Now...this is a child that has finished high school, no children, no criminal history,seeking partime employment and will be starting at the local HCC soon. She (the friend) feels that my daughter is spoiled and needs to be on her own so that she can become "responsible". But, it's my fault for opening the door and allowing her into this part of my life. As of today....the door is closed.
    "Don't ever think I fell for you, or over you. I didn't fall in love, I rose in it. I saw you and made up my mind". Toni Morrison

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Good for you. Too many black parents take that harsh, unhelpful route to helping their child become "responsible" and instead cripple them for life.

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

11. Thanks Sohful1 thanked for this post
    Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Parenting random thoughts

I recently found out I am expecting! This is a far cry from when I used to say I never wanted to have anymore kids, but we are both ready and excited at this point! So many things have been falling into place lately and I feel like it has all led up to this moment. I told my husband I felt like we were about to go into a really big new phase in our lives earlier this year...I'm thinking this is it. A few issues here and there with my progesterone levels, but hopefully this baby will be ok.

13. Thanks underthehood thanked for this post
    Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats GAN!!!

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

15. Thanks ~GAN~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Parenting random thoughts

Congratulations GAN

بَارَكَ اللَّهُ لَكَ فِي الـمَوْهُوبِ لَكَ، وَشَكَرْتَ الوَاهِبَ، وبَلَغَ أشُدَّهُ، وَرُزِقْتَ بِرَّهُ
    May God bless you in this gift to you, may you give thanks to the Giver of this gift, may the child reach the maturity of years, and may you be granted its righteousness.

(That was a Muslim prayer said after hearing the news of a baby, I hope you don't mind).
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ .**♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

17. Thanks ~GAN~ thanked for this post
    Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged