Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Parenting random thoughts

Bump!

I'm 26+1 with my rainbow baby, and I'M NOT READY YET! The nursery isn't done, I haven't talked to HR about maternity leave, and I just switched OBs. Part of me can't wait for my little guy to get here, but a good chunk of me says he needs to stay in there until August or so
    How are ya'll doing?

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

2. Likes deecoily, ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got my tween niece here with me for two weeks. It's only been 48 hours and I am seriously losing patience.

I do NOT know how the rest of y'all DO it. For REAL.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

4. Likes KnottyAuthor, ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about grandparenting... LOL
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePerfectFool View Post
    Bump!

I'm 26+1 with my rainbow baby, and I'M NOT READY YET! The nursery isn't done, I haven't talked to HR about maternity leave, and I just switched OBs. Part of me can't wait for my little guy to get here, but a good chunk of me says he needs to stay in there until August or so
    How are ya'll doing?
    I need to see this baby! @thePerfectFool
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, looking at my last post post in here, I had talked about my miscarriage, but I did go on to have a baby girl who will be 4 this year!
    I'm glad to be at home with my kids during this time, but some days I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind! It's worth it though.

8. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With so many different devices available, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, it's easy to spend hours a day staring at a screen. But all that screen time can harm our physical and mental health if we're not careful.
    Digital isolation can help prevent some of the negative effects of screen exposure, such as social anxiety, FOMO (fear of missing out), eye strain, and reduced sleep. If you find yourself constantly scrolling on screens, you need an internet detox.
    Get a digital detox and recharge your spirit. Digital Detox meaning decoded by Nth Sense with 9 easy ideas to implement.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does screen time affect adults?

Adults who get a lot of screen time may have trouble falling asleep or suffer retina damage due to the blue light emitted by electronic devices, according to the Sleep Foundation.
    Part of the reason why electronics make it difficult to fall asleep is that they suppress the production of melatonin, a hormone released in the evening that makes you feel tired. Blue light emission can reduce or delay the natural production of melatonin and subsequently reduce the amount of time spent in slow-wave and REM sleep.
    Adults need to get a digital detox and recharge your spirit. Digital Detox meaning decoded by Nth Sense with 9 easy ideas to implement.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does screen time affect children and adolescents?

Children and teenagers also spend more time looking at screens. According to the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, children between the ages of 8 and 12 in the United States spend four to six hours a day watching or using television.
    where teenagers spend up to nine hours a day looking in the mirror. Long screen time can harm children and teenagers, as it can expose them to violence, drug use, sexual content or bad ideas. It can also make them compare themselves with peers or famous people.
    As with adults, too much screen time, especially near bedtime, can negatively impact children's sleep.Adults need to get a digital detox and recharge your spirit. Digital Detox meaning decoded by Nth Sense with 9 easy ideas to implement.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567