Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Slavery Never Truly Ended

Black History Month Fact: We're still in the Reconstruction Era. There is neo-slavery going on in rural middle-of-nowhere plantations in the South where Black workers are forced to live and operate in impoverished conditions, are raped by white landowners and have little education... they've been there since slavery ended, and NO ONE knew about it.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publ...cle_7151.shtml

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for sharing.

American Slavery drastically expanded beyond agriculture many years ago. All of the conditions are the same. The only difference is that "Blacks" are actively trying to distance themselves from their own family (in the name of "Independence") rather than always having to be sold off. With that, most Blacks are left to politically assemble with whomever they haven't fallen out with per sexual frolicking (a/frolicking <-- that could be a hot blog/business name) and/or potential. While the usual unwritten rules are to not call us n*****s nor have us to work farm lands, there will always be sensational depictions to be shrugged off as coincidental or rare.

What's the difference, beside the expansion beyond agriculture? The world is smaller and house niggas have become token niggas, interim managers, trainers, 'friends', etc. However, it's the same game no matter whether the N and S words are pronounced verbally. They surely are pronounced in every other measurable way. The public education system is insufficient to be socially elevated beyond servitude. The higher education system is a debt machine which brings indentured servitude back. I could go on and on, but it's the same games thoroughly wrapped in propaganda and antics like "Black History Month".
    Last edited by Intellexual; 02-03-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much to add.

I am from Mississippi, and have seen the shacks in the Delta of the state. It is a disgusting sight to see, and I can't understand how it continues. ...On the other hand, when YTs are running things, I still don't understand, but it doesn't surprise me that it still happens...
    Last edited by BBNappyEdits; 02-03-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Clarity
    FORMERLY: MyzNappy2Be
    Last CFC:10/24/09/Fully Natural:01/24/10
    1-yr Nappyversary: 01/24/11
    Twitter-@NappyCeditor

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw a documentary regarding the living conditions of some of the AA living in Mississippi. I was shocked and saddened. I never knew before then that we ARE still living like slaves in parts of this country we call free.
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful that someone put this up. Nothing to add.
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intellexual View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

The public education system is insufficient to be socially elevated beyond servitude. The higher education system is a debt machine which brings indentured servitude back. I could go on and on, but it's the same games thoroughly wrapped in propaganda and antics like "Black History Month".
    ^^^THIS. Modern day slavery has roots in lack of education. I've known about this for years. It's a vicious cycle. The parents get about an 8th grades worth of education, then they start in the fields. The children follow in their footsteps. Not to say that those who are living off the plantation are escaping that fate. Our public school system is cranking out people just barely equipment to submit to minimum wage. Those lucky enough to pursue higher education are strapped with the financial bondage of student loans. It's really depressing. I hope President Obama's plan to reinvest in education has teeth, or else I fear for the fate of the next generation.

kell is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really did not know these things were still going on until I went on a trip with a friend to his family reunion. We drove from state to state to get to an area on the tip of Alabama. Well the drive thru Alabama was scary. It was like we were taking a trip thru time. I never saw so many confederate flags in all my life. We stoped at a resturaunt where black people were on one side and whites were on the other. We sat on the side with whites just to see what would happen. Nothing but alot of stares and then the white waitress with no teeth looked at my friend and said can I help you "BOY". He went off who you calling "BOY". Then this black guy out of no where says thats what we say in these parts. I felt like I was in the twight zone, a white person can call a fully grown black man BOY and it was acceptable. I had enough I was ready to go but we kept driving and the part where the family reunion was, was all different it was back to reality.

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ I don't know if I could have handled that either. *smh
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews