Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Whadya think?

First of all, I'm pretty sure I'm jumping the proverbial gun but I like to map out all possible outcomes of a situation before hand.

I started a new job on the 18th of January. Great company, good benefits and although the work is not as quite challenging/technical as I expected, I'm just assuming it's because it's still early on in the game.

Well I got a call from a recruiter last night about another position, well actually two--same position except one is at the junior level and the other is at the senior and it's a direct hire to Johns Hopkins! Excellent benefits and the Jr. level position pays more than my current job. I told the recruiter to push my resume through and i could quite possibly get an interview.

Was that "wrong"? I mean I don't know why I feel bad but I won't hesitate to throw the deuces at this job if I got an opportunity to work for Johns Hopkins but at the same time the JH job is HIGHLY technical. In fact I'm scared it might be too much, but I'm up for that challenge.

I'm kinda freaking out!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go with your gut, most employers are "at will" anyway so either you look out for you or you may be forced to at some point with an unexpected downsizing/layoff. Back in 1998 I worked at a law firm for like a month and when I got an offer from KPMG I put in my resignation! 11 years later the rest is history and I never regretted my decision, if your instincts are telling you to apply and interview DO IT!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    go with your gut, most employers are "at will" anyway so either you look out for you or you may be forced to at some point with an unexpected downsizing/layoff. Back in 1998 I worked at a law firm for like a month and when I got an offer from KPMG I put in my resignation! 11 years later the rest is history and I never regretted my decision, if your instincts are telling you to apply and interview DO IT!

Did you just tell them straight up you had another offer?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup. What was funny was they were not surprised, guess they could tell I was a short-timer....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    yup. What was funny was they were not surprised, guess they could tell I was a short-timer....
    LMAO!

Well good for you. I'm hoping things will work out for me, also. Either way money and benefits wise I'm still at a good company.