Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good way to find out if you have fine hair--do your two-strand twists look scalpey? This is often a "symptom" of fine hair.

Lockolatte--even though your hair is fine, it is somehow "different" from mine. You can achieve the most precious buns and updo styles. I can't! My hair kind of "packs down" into nothing, rather than looking full like yours.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lockolatte seems to have thick hair, so she might have more strands to work with than you do. Certainly more than I do. I have thin hair. Fine AND thin. I hit the jackpot. :-/

(For those who are confused - thick = lots of strands. thin = few strands)
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never noticed how fine my hair is until it got past about 12 inches. Length is a double-edged sword, let me tell you. It's like "um, where did all my hair go?"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolynne View Post
    I never noticed how fine my hair is until it got past about 12 inches. Length is a double-edged sword, let me tell you. It's like "um, where did all my hair go?"
    I think the same happened to me.

To the OP, you can check out my fotki, I'm afraid it it hasn't been updated since forever, but I will soon.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have fine hair too. My album is pretty old, but you can see my hair pics here.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! That's true, too.

It wasn't news that my hair was fine. But yes, past a certain length, it becomes more apparent than when it's shorter. I guess because you can see through it more easily, and it really shows in ponytails and updos.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Bunny View Post
    A good way to find out if you have fine hair--do your two-strand twists look scalpey? This is often a "symptom" of fine hair.

Lockolatte--even though your hair is fine, it is somehow "different" from mine. You can achieve the most precious buns and updo styles. I can't! My hair kind of "packs down" into nothing, rather than looking full like yours.
    Yep...I must have fine hair....

After looking at NappyNelle's album, I'm feeling better! Gonna do my twists!
    Last edited by Mirah Nirvana; 03-07-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canidoit View Post
    I have found that the longer my hair gets(9-10 inches now) the more awkward it looks when it's not up or in a puff/pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by meraki View Post
    It wasn't news that my hair was fine. But yes, past a certain length, it becomes more apparent than when it's shorter. I guess because you can see through it more easily, and it really shows in ponytails and updos.
    Yes! This is the whole reason that I started this thread. I'm at 6" and committed to growing some length for the first time in my 10 years natural, but twistouts and puffs that looked great an inch or two ago now show off my thin and fine hair. I useta be able to fool somebody! Now I style on stretched hair but add a little extra moisture so the slight bit of shrinkage fakes hair thickess.

Thanks for the links to your Fotkis!
    The search function (located above in the links with "User CP") will provide you with a wealth of knowledge, advice, thought-provoking ideas, and hilarity. Check it out!

Last Chemical Fire Cream: February 2001 * Transition Style: Extension braids * BC: November 2001 * Joined Nappturality: December 2002 * Characteristics: mostly coils and undefined naps with patches of straight hair and curls; fine; thin-ish; highly porous; shrinky!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_Bunny View Post
    I do two strand twists all the time as a transition style...I'm not sure if they're scalpey or not...

canidoit is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great!! Guess i don't have anything to look forward too. I don't want to wear my hair up ALLLLLL the time. I used to be able to throw a head band and rock a wash n go, and loved it, now it has to be in a puff or updo to look right. Guess I WILL be locking!
    Transitioned for 7.5 months. Now I'm FREE!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast