Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brownstonegirl1989 View Post
    How do you guys detangle fine hair? It seems like combs are the cause of some breakage to my hair. I might have to start finger detangling/combing.
    Finger detangle

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finger detangling on dry hair is the best for my hair. i can't detangle my hair wet hair with a wide tooth comb or denman or tangle teaser. my hair is in way better condition. less splits and breakage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumpity bump
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April Updates! Fotki link in signature.

Re Detangling: I used to finger detangle (4+ years) but now I finger detangle and on shampoo day, I detangle with the Tangle Teezer. I love it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, basically I just got all these little mini box braids in 2 days ago and my scalp is showing all over, and it wont look any better than this, especially as it gets longer?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wauw..I have fine hair strands too. I never do braids because it shows to many scalp and never wear my hair out. When I take my twists and flat twists out my hair looks full, but I never wear them out because of my ends are thin/fine...It doesn't show the lenght I have. And wearing my hair out will not protect the ends.
    How do you girls grow out your hair to be very long with fine hair?
    I have been natural for almost 6 years and sometimes I think about weaves or relax becuase my hair is fine and isn't what i want...long full fluffy hair...
    [B]Hairtype:[/B] 4 a/b/c highly porous and very fine
    [B]Shampoo:[/B] Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream/Pure Curls Clarifing Shampoo
    [B]Conditioners:[/B] Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner/Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner
    [B]Moisturizer: [/B]Kimmay Leave-In

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistie View Post
    Wauw..I have fine hair strands too. I never do braids because it shows to many scalp and never wear my hair out. When I take my twists and flat twists out my hair looks full, but I never wear them out because of my ends are thin/fine...It doesn't show the lenght I have. And wearing my hair out will not protect the ends.
    How do you girls grow out your hair to be very long with fine hair?
    I have been natural for almost 6 years and sometimes I think about weaves or relax becuase my hair is fine and isn't what i want...long full fluffy hair...
    Weaves and braids broke my hair off, especially in the front. I just bought a half wig. "Fake it till you make it" I always say. I'm going flat twist the front and corn row the back. Leave the corn rows in, wear a half wig and wear the front in a twist out. At night before bed I will only have to worry about twisting the front. I found a wig similar enough to my own twist out hair texture. I might start a collection of wigs. I also bought a couple of afro ponytails for up dos.

The only caveat to this is that once you get your hair to a good length you're going to have to accustom yourself to styling and working with it. I know many people with breathtaking hair texture who still wear wigs because they don't want to be bothered with the styling. There might not be anything wrong with doing that either if it's what you want. Also I'm not sure this will work since I haven't tried it yet. Seems like a good plan though.
    Expecting the world to treat you kindly because you are a good person is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking about putting in nubian twist....Is this a good idea since I have thin hair? I have noticed my hair doesn't like braids but are fake nubian twists that different for thin haired people? By the way is I really gonna do them then I'll do them not small but normal.
    [B]Hairtype:[/B] 4 a/b/c highly porous and very fine
    [B]Shampoo:[/B] Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream/Pure Curls Clarifing Shampoo
    [B]Conditioners:[/B] Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner/Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner
    [B]Moisturizer: [/B]Kimmay Leave-In

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have fine hair-- I plan on making a video in the near future about it because it really makes it hard for me to feel comfortable manipulating my hair for fear that it may break
    ... I have been keeping my hair in mini braids/twists/ individual braids... Anyways I am not yet MBL more like BSL...I plan to be MBL by December. Here is my Youtube channel-- http://www.youtube.com/user/jazzybee445

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks jazzybee! Very inspirational!
    The search function (located above in the links with "User CP") will provide you with a wealth of knowledge, advice, thought-provoking ideas, and hilarity. Check it out!

Last Chemical Fire Cream: February 2001 * Transition Style: Extension braids * BC: November 2001 * Joined Nappturality: December 2002 * Characteristics: mostly coils and undefined naps with patches of straight hair and curls; fine; thin-ish; highly porous; shrinky!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast