0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you guys detangle fine hair? It seems like combs are the cause of some breakage to my hair. I might have to start finger detangling/combing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brownstonegirl1989 View Post
    How do you guys detangle fine hair? It seems like combs are the cause of some breakage to my hair. I might have to start finger detangling/combing.
    Finger detangle

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finger detangling on dry hair is the best for my hair. i can't detangle my hair wet hair with a wide tooth comb or denman or tangle teaser. my hair is in way better condition. less splits and breakage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Great question

Quote Originally Posted by brownstonegirl1989 View Post
    I have been having this problem myself this month. I am currently using my pic comb, wide tooth comb, and my hand lol I also have to section my hair off into sections . . .small sections at a time; I hold the root of my sections and detangle from the ends up. I usually try to keep my hair stretched as much as possible, because sometimes I don't have the patience to go through the process weekly. I'm thinking about giving the tangle teaser a try. I hear good talk about this tool on youtube. . . maybe it will make the process less time consuming.

I have to say! Although I have my OMG GOT TO WRAP THIS UP days, I will BC all over again . . . because that is how much I have grown to love my natural texture.

My scarf is my bestie haha . . . I work wonders with her

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    I have fine hair in my crown as well as in the left back section of my head. The fact that I have a lot of hair does not matter. When twisted or braided, the strands compact so much, that it looks thin. Now that it is longer, I tend to twist and pincurl the finer sections on top, to camouflage the sparseness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkycoilydiva View Post
    I'm thinking about giving the tangle teaser a try. I hear good talk about this tool on youtube. . . maybe it will make the process less time consuming.
    You'll want to check out the many[!] tangle teezer threads on here, OP! I am a fan of this tool. It has helped make small work of my detangling sessions. But with any tool, you have to use it properly. Good luck! YMMV.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumpity bump
    ~Sanity is Subversive~

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities~ Voltaire

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April Updates! Fotki link in signature.

Re Detangling: I used to finger detangle (4+ years) but now I finger detangle and on shampoo day, I detangle with the Tangle Teezer. I love it!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, basically I just got all these little mini box braids in 2 days ago and my scalp is showing all over, and it wont look any better than this, especially as it gets longer?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wauw..I have fine hair strands too. I never do braids because it shows to many scalp and never wear my hair out. When I take my twists and flat twists out my hair looks full, but I never wear them out because of my ends are thin/fine...It doesn't show the lenght I have. And wearing my hair out will not protect the ends.
    How do you girls grow out your hair to be very long with fine hair?
    I have been natural for almost 6 years and sometimes I think about weaves or relax becuase my hair is fine and isn't what i want...long full fluffy hair...
    [B]Hairtype:[/B] 4 a/b/c highly porous and very fine
    [B]Shampoo:[/B] Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream/Pure Curls Clarifing Shampoo
    [B]Conditioners:[/B] Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner/Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner
    [B]Moisturizer: [/B]Kimmay Leave-In

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast