Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex objected to me being natural. Before I cut it he said that he thought my hair looked better straight. When I pointed out that he had never seen my hair curly, he said "yeah, but I still think it looks better relaxed". After I cut it he claimed he liked it then cheated on me.

I'm glad I stopped taking his opinion into account on MY hair. Now when people say "I don't like your hair like THAT" I tell them, "then it's a good thing it's not on your head" and keep it moving!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went through the same thing last night but worse..... me and my ex were trying to get back together and i told him i was going to get my BC and he said Don't , if you do im done....i was upset and i told myself i wasen't going to do it.. but then i saw a post saying "If he doesn't like your HAIR , let him find someone else whose HAIR he likes"
    its all up too you if you want to do it , live for you not for other people

oh and by the way... i just did my bc this morning

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me really sad to hear this type of discrimination from some or a few our own men. Our real hair is a part of who we are! Dang! Come on now!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutambon View Post
    oh and by the way... i just did my bc this morning
    Yay for you! Feel free?

And guys that don't like natural hair need to shut it because they have 'natural hair', too!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boyfriend loves my natural hair, i guess it's personal preference.

The most important thing is that even if he doesn't like your hair, as long as he loves you, then he should respect it. I don't like everything my boyfriend has or does, but at the end of the day, i love him. I'm sure he feels the same thing about some of the things about me, so as long he doesn't try and hold your hair against you, you're fine

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your absolutely not alone in this situation!
    I go through the same thing everyday but its just guys in general,
    I live in Hollywood, California & I have locs.
    One night I could be out shopping with my friends who aren't all natural,
    and a group of guys could be passing by & they'll be like i want HER the one with
    the fresh perm or the long weave
    & they'll completely ignore me, which is fine. but still..
    Not everyone accepts us naturals... people will give us a blank stare in a minute!
    -_____- I think its rude. People are so used to the "hollywood look" or the
    "white girl straight look" or whatever you wanna call it..
    they tend to overlook the natural beauties.
    It shouldn't matter how we do our hair because first and for most its OUR hair.

excuse the mini rant but if he can't accept your choices ..WHO IS HE? on to the next.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if it's too late to post here because it has been two months...

Anyway, the guy i'm dating (not sure what race he is) said he likes natural hair on girls and prefers that girls wear their hair the way God created. He also asked to touch my hair. He actually does that a few times. I don't mind, lol. I'm not sure what other guys think about my hair.

I'm 100% sure the girls (of all races) in college HATE it for whatever reason.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as caucasian guys don't mind a lotta napp, I'm cool

but honestly, self approval from others and insecurity REALLY sucks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* BUMP *

I didn't want to start a new thread , so I thought i'd tag on this one.

What are people's experience with their partner who is Caucasian and doesn't really have any knowledge or experience with hair, aside from it being straight ?

I never wear my hair loose, I just can't handle it being in my face, I just want it up and out of the way. So, i always wear finger coils, but I plan to dread my hair very soon. I have asked him several times if he minds, and he has said no. (Also, he says he loves my hair, which still shocks me a bit every time he says it, but it a good way of course.) But I am worried he is just saying that to make me feel better. As with all choices regarding my / his body , it's our choice. If he wanted to be a skin head or grow his hair out whatever I'd be supportive either way. It's just because he just really has no experience with anything besides straight hair, i worry that he will react negatively to it, especially in the first year were it's going to look a bit rough and ready.

I don't think it would become a really burning issue, but i don't want him to be cringing inside when he sees me ( we have a LDR).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lafoule View Post
    * BUMP *

I didn't want to start a new thread , so I thought i'd tag on this one.

What are people's experience with their partner who is Caucasian and doesn't really have any knowledge or experience with hair, aside from it being straight ?

I never wear my hair loose, I just can't handle it being in my face, I just want it up and out of the way. So, i always wear finger coils, but I plan to dread my hair very soon. I have asked him several times if he minds, and he has said no. (Also, he says he loves my hair, which still shocks me a bit every time he says it, but it a good way of course.) But I am worried he is just saying that to make me feel better. As with all choices regarding my / his body , it's our choice. If he wanted to be a skin head or grow his hair out whatever I'd be supportive either way. It's just because he just really has no experience with anything besides straight hair, i worry that he will react negatively to it, especially in the first year were it's going to look a bit rough and ready.

I don't think it would become a really burning issue, but i don't want him to be cringing inside when he sees me ( we have a LDR).
    My husband met me while I was natural and doesn't like any of the pictures with my hair straight. Says it doesn't look right, lol. I did start my dreads after we were in a relationship and he had no issue with that, as well as later when I BC again to a twa.
    BC: Spring 2000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast