I think males, especially black males, have been raised in our society to believe that women with straight, long hair are the most beautiful and the most acceptable. My bf loves my natural hair, has loved it from the start, and compliments it often. I'm happy about that. But I realize that not every man will be that way, or at least, not be that way immediately. I have learned, in the 2+ years of being natural, that being inspired by seeing many natural hair photos, styles, etc. has made me truly appreciate its beauty. To me, my natural hair is what makes me unique, and I am happy that my bf finds me more unique with my natural hair. However, I did not always realize how beautiful my hair truly was. It took me some time, and some visual inspiration, to realize it. That being said, I think you should give your bf some time to fully appreciate your natural hair. If he hasn't seen natural hair enough to know its true beauty, that might be why he doesn't see it as a "turn on." I don't think he meant any harm by saying what he said. I just think he can't appreciate it yet because he might not have seen enough of it. Show him how versatile natural hair is. Rock different styles. Prove to him that your natural hair is as sexy as can be!