Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Bossfemme;2462608]
    Quote Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
    I just completed a colon cleanse, and I am now taking MSM, and hair, skin, & nail vitamins. /QUOTE]

What is MSM and please help me understand the colon cleanse and its benefits.
    Hey Bossfemme, I hope this infromation helps. HUGS.

MSM, methylsulfonylmethane (METH-əl-sul-FON-il-METH-ane) provides sulfur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, which support many vital biochemical processes in the body, including energy production. is a naturally occurring organic sulphur compound found in all living plant and animal tissues. It is essential for all bodily systems and normal organ functions. Since naturally occurring MSM is easily destroyed by food processing and constant utilization and excretion by the body, supplementation may be necessary to meet bodily requirements.
    Sulphur is found in every cell in the body. It is structurally and functionally important to 150 compounds within the body, including tissues, enzymes, hormones, antibodies and antioxidants. Organic sulphur is known for its anti-inflammatory and circulation enhancing properties. The link between MSM and organic sulphur may explain the positive health benefits one receives after incorporating MSM into the diet.
    MSM is a naturally-occurring nutrient found in small amounts of many foods. As a dietary supplement, MSM is synthesized. When made correctly, it is identical to that found in nature.

The hair, skin, and nail vitamins that I take are from the name brand "Nature's Bounty" which can be purchased from any drug store for $5.00-$7.00.
    It has biotin in it, which is also good for hair. Some people end up breaking out with acne, but if you take it with food, that might help. I didn't have any bad reactions with it.

I am also taking fish oil capsules, but before I started taking any of this I did a colon cleanse for two weeks with Metamucil, and the results were awesome. I can't really put into words how much better I feel...and I lost a few inches off my waist.

I believe that colon cleanse allowed the vitamins that I started taking to get better asorbed into my system. Not to be gross, but the stuff (muculoid plaque) that came out of me was like watching a horror movie. Look up "muculoid plaque" on the internet and you will be amazed.

Within a week after starting this, people are asking me what have I done; what makeup am I using, did I get my teeth whitened. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't look bad before, I just look and feel so much better now.
    My skin is glowing, I have energy, my teeth look whiter, and my eyes are brighter.

I know that everyone system is different, so everyone may not have the same results, but even if you don't want to do the supplements and vitamins, at least do a colon cleanse.

Oh...the MSM also helps to stop snoring...I no longer snore!
    Let me know how everything works out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Stylist View Post
    i am eating more veggies and drinking them as well. i love v8 fusions.
    I'm not sure, but check the label on the V8Fusions, and see how much sugar it contains. The less sugar the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know i know. i need to stop with the sugar. i keep saying i am going to buy me a juicer.

i am putting more coco nut oil in my hair now. coco nut oil helps keep protein in your hair. with the protein treatments i am doing. i want to keep the most as possible. coco nut oil is very thin to my hair, so i am mixing it with castor oil. my hair loves castor oil. did another scalp massage for 10 min. today. that oil mix felt good the minute i put it on. very good scalp massage today!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Veviticus;2462669]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossfemme View Post

Hey Bossfemme, I hope this infromation helps. HUGS.

MSM, methylsulfonylmethane (METH-əl-sul-FON-il-METH-ane) provides sulfur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, which support many vital biochemical processes in the body, including energy production. is a naturally occurring organic sulphur compound found in all living plant and animal tissues. It is essential for all bodily systems and normal organ functions. Since naturally occurring MSM is easily destroyed by food processing and constant utilization and excretion by the body, supplementation may be necessary to meet bodily requirements.
    Sulphur is found in every cell in the body. It is structurally and functionally important to 150 compounds within the body, including tissues, enzymes, hormones, antibodies and antioxidants. Organic sulphur is known for its anti-inflammatory and circulation enhancing properties. The link between MSM and organic sulphur may explain the positive health benefits one receives after incorporating MSM into the diet.
    MSM is a naturally-occurring nutrient found in small amounts of many foods. As a dietary supplement, MSM is synthesized. When made correctly, it is identical to that found in nature.

The hair, skin, and nail vitamins that I take are from the name brand "Nature's Bounty" which can be purchased from any drug store for $5.00-$7.00.
    It has biotin in it, which is also good for hair. Some people end up breaking out with acne, but if you take it with food, that might help. I didn't have any bad reactions with it.

I am also taking fish oil capsules, but before I started taking any of this I did a colon cleanse for two weeks with Metamucil, and the results were awesome. I can't really put into words how much better I feel...and I lost a few inches off my waist.

I believe that colon cleanse allowed the vitamins that I started taking to get better asorbed into my system. Not to be gross, but the stuff (muculoid plaque) that came out of me was like watching a horror movie. Look up "muculoid plaque" on the internet and you will be amazed.

Within a week after starting this, people are asking me what have I done; what makeup am I using, did I get my teeth whitened. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't look bad before, I just look and feel so much better now.
    My skin is glowing, I have energy, my teeth look whiter, and my eyes are brighter.

I know that everyone system is different, so everyone may not have the same results, but even if you don't want to do the supplements and vitamins, at least do a colon cleanse.

Oh...the MSM also helps to stop snoring...I no longer snore!
    Let me know how everything works out.
    i am going to start taking natures bounty as well. that is the one i just bought. and about that colon cleans, i am going to try one. even if it is not for vitamine reasons. for health reasons.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did an egg hair wash today. I did not see alot of hair come out. that is good. I dont normally see hair coming out but i like to look from time to time an see how many hairs are coming out. i know that when you wash your hair some will come out anyway. that is just what is going to happen. i just dont want to see more than normal. It was a good egg/protein wash today. I have increased my scalp massages to two a day. 10 min. each. they feel so good.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ready!! I am ready Freddy! I have got my egg hair wash, my onion hair wash, my black tea hair wash and my clarifying hair wash. I am good to go! Any hair problems come my way and I will me ready for them. Yes maam!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I've had a thought.

I really want to try the water only washing. I have been thinking about this for a while. I have been trying all these different things to get my scalp better and mabye what my scalp needs is to be left alone. I am still on this challenge just in a different way. I will start this new venture tomarrow. No hair wash, no treatments, no condish. I still will oil though. Rinse with water every day or every other day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nigerian-Queen View Post
    I have incorporated Ayruvedic powders,
    Which powder do you use? i'm looking for conditioning treatments that won't unravel my braidlocs at this early stage (going into my 6th month)
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brahmi, Maka (Bhringraj), Amla and other powders, but these are the conditioning powers, making a tea rinse allows you to get the benefit sans the potentially vigorous rinsing you might endure to get every single particle out especially if your braidlocs are still fragile (my texture is such that it stays, no unraveling and in fact they still look like twists 17months on)
    check my fotki in the loc folder for my ayruvedic album.
    Fotki

quest for healthy hair

:))*THANK YOU!!!!!!!!:))

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is Good!
    One of my thin spots is growing back. I'm about to come in 1st on this challange!

Leaving your hair alone IS the way to go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast