"Becoming perfect overtime"

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started Weight Watchers last month, so I have been better on my vitamin supplementation. I take a multi, biotin, Evening Primrose and Flaxseed oils. Eating lots of whole grains, eating lean proteins, drinking more water than ever, and getting good amounts of nutrients from fruits and veggies. If I keep my hair and scalp clean and stay on my moisturizing (castor, coconut and Ayurvedic-infused oils after spritzing), I think I will be good!
    DNA's double helix design - ingenious.
    A spring coil's power & momentum - amazing.
    The gift of nappy hair.....see a pattern emerging? :-)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Stylist View Post
    I am ready!! I am ready Freddy! I have got my egg hair wash, my onion hair wash, my black tea hair wash and my clarifying hair wash. I am good to go! Any hair problems come my way and I will me ready for them. Yes maam!
    did someone say Freddie

I need to get on this challenge. My hair is getting more flaky!!! I need to wash it though and give it a good condish.

Can someone help me figure this out. I have mini-medium scabbies. What could be the cause of that?
    2 Awesome 2be forgotten Mia Fite/ etifaim luv u 4life

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Veviticus;2462669]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossfemme View Post

Hey Bossfemme, I hope this infromation helps. HUGS.

MSM, methylsulfonylmethane (METH-əl-sul-FON-il-METH-ane) provides sulfur, a vital building block of joints, cartilage, skin, hair and nails, and methyl groups, which support many vital biochemical processes in the body, including energy production. is a naturally occurring organic sulphur compound found in all living plant and animal tissues. It is essential for all bodily systems and normal organ functions. Since naturally occurring MSM is easily destroyed by food processing and constant utilization and excretion by the body, supplementation may be necessary to meet bodily requirements.
    Sulphur is found in every cell in the body. It is structurally and functionally important to 150 compounds within the body, including tissues, enzymes, hormones, antibodies and antioxidants. Organic sulphur is known for its anti-inflammatory and circulation enhancing properties. The link between MSM and organic sulphur may explain the positive health benefits one receives after incorporating MSM into the diet.

MSM is a naturally-occurring nutrient found in small amounts of many foods. As a dietary supplement, MSM is synthesized. When made correctly, it is identical to that found in nature.

The hair, skin, and nail vitamins that I take are from the name brand "Nature's Bounty" which can be purchased from any drug store for $5.00-$7.00.
    It has biotin in it, which is also good for hair. Some people end up breaking out with acne, but if you take it with food, that might help. I didn't have any bad reactions with it.

I am also taking fish oil capsules, but before I started taking any of this I did a colon cleanse for two weeks with Metamucil, and the results were awesome. I can't really put into words how much better I feel...and I lost a few inches off my waist.

I believe that colon cleanse allowed the vitamins that I started taking to get better asorbed into my system. Not to be gross, but the stuff (muculoid plaque) that came out of me was like watching a horror movie. Look up "muculoid plaque" on the internet and you will be amazed.

Within a week after starting this, people are asking me what have I done; what makeup am I using, did I get my teeth whitened. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't look bad before, I just look and feel so much better now.
    My skin is glowing, I have energy, my teeth look whiter, and my eyes are brighter.

I know that everyone system is different, so everyone may not have the same results, but even if you don't want to do the supplements and vitamins, at least do a colon cleanse.

Oh...the MSM also helps to stop snoring...I no longer snore!
    Let me know how everything works out.

With the metamucil, how often did you take it (twice daily, one a day), and did you consume food during your intake of metamucil, replace a meal, or was no food consume at all during the two-week cleansing period? I think I may want to try this.
    Naija all day...Igbo Kwenu!!
    My Blog
    http://livinglifeeveryday4me.blogspot.com/
    My Fotki http://public.fotki.com/nklinlee/
    Please feel free to take a look and give your comments/suggestions and ideas...thank ya!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
    I am now taking MSM, and hair, skin, & nail vitamins.
    Awesome!!! I am going to be all over this, like by tomorrow.
    If I say napptural and you say natural, we're talking about the same thing-differently. But if I say natural and you say re.laxer, then one of us is f*ckin wrong.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=nklinlee;2469412]
    Quote Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post

With the metamucil, how often did you take it (twice daily, one a day), and did you consume food during your intake of metamucil, replace a meal, or was no food consume at all during the two-week cleansing period? I think I may want to try this.
    I take it everyday when I get home from work in the evenings. I mix the MSM with it and water, or sometimes I put it in orange juice since the MSM works better with vitamin C. I did the metamucil for two weeks and stopped.

I will probably wait for two more weeks and start with the metamucil again for another two weeks...but when I'm not doing the metamucil I still take the MSM with orange juice everyday.
    I hope you get as good results as I did. My skin is glowing, and I believe it enabled my facial moisturizer to work better too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHoneyLocs View Post
    Awesome!!! I am going to be all over this, like by tomorrow.
    I forgot to add...I ate what I normally ate, but in much smaller amounts. I didn't and still don't have a desire to eat as much since I've been doing this. I usually/mostly eat healthy for my body type anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Stylist View Post
    God is Good!
    One of my thin spots is growing back. I'm about to come in 1st on this challange!

Leaving your hair alone IS the way to go.
    Congrats!!! I am so happy for your. Keep up the good work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may try that Metamucil plan. Other colon cleanses that I have seen online seemed to be so drastic and required huge changes in my diet which is actually quite good.

I am using less product on my hair in general and drinking more water. I am also going to be cutting my portions and drinking less sugared drinks. I think I may also need to add a multivitamin
    On that locing tip since June 12, 2009...

fotki.com/bajansensation

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not doing the water only anymore just leaving my hair alone much more now. i only do what needs to be done to my hair. when i see a problem i take care of that problem right then and there. if i dont need to do something i dont do it. i am doing about 75% less to my hair now. also, my spots are filling back in!!!!!

Doing less IS more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast