Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Withoutsanctuary.org, how many of you ever visited this site?

I was first introduced to it a few years ago in an african american social thoughts class and I was deeply disturbed by the images. I never knew whites would mail post cards of actual lynchings and the US postal service didn't do anything about it . What is even more disturbing is the children present at the lynches. If the sight of hundreds of white men looking up at dead corpses at a "picnic" isn't disturbing enough, add in a few little children and it is just downright sick.

I don't know if this is obvious or not but this is NSFW and the images are graphic and real and disturbing and I will not post them here on Nappturality but here is the link to the site:

http://withoutsanctuary.org/main.html
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't heard of the site personally but I'm aware they exist. This kind of evil runs quite deep and should never be forgotten.
    The decisions you make in life can be detrimental if not chosen correctly.
    ~KellyVonn~
    Patience is key !

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have. I already knew about all of the above (post cards, spectators). What made me close the site was pics I'd never seen of events where several people were lynched at once. I'd seen some of that already, but there were some I'd never seen, and it was too much.

I think it's a worthwhile project, but not for the feint of heart.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no words....
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my heart bleeds.....

i mean i wouldnt put it past white ppl to do something as evil as this (they are evil ppl as i have made clear b4).

but just seeing the bodies......all those bodies....it hurts so much..
    http://images.meez.com/user/3/5/7/8/...ot_175x233.gif
    I'M BACK IN THE GAME BABY!!!

Locking it up TSTs locked for 2 days HA!!!!! })

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen tons of pictures of lynching but I didn't know people mailed them out as postcards. I knew kids were there...that's how you keep that stuff going. That's some sick arrogant isht.

I look at that and then think of that article about the White man being racially oppressed and I just want to slap someone. Many of those were from the early 1900s but there were some as late as 1960. It's only 2011.

Just wow.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

G.Eve is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disturbing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhop13 View Post
    I've seen tons of pictures of lynching but I didn't know people mailed them out as postcards. I knew kids were there...that's how you keep that stuff going. That's some sick arrogant isht.

I look at that and then think of that article about the White man being racially oppressed and I just want to slap someone. Many of those were from the early 1900s but there were some as late as 1960. It's only 2011.

Just wow.
    Yep, this is exactly how they kept the institution going. You have to normalize something like this. Ingrain another person's sub humanity into your mind at an early age. There's really no room for compassion when you want to justify this sort of slavery. White people simply couldn't afford it. This is why it's so hard for me to believe that American society has done a complete 180 wrt to race. This isht is deeply ingrained in the older generations psyches. And even if they're not blatantly picking a ni66a for a picnic-lynching (that's where I was told that word came from ) nowadays, people who used to do it are raising children of today. This sort of hate lingers....

When I'm reminded of stuff like this I always remember Frederick Douglass' narrative..he said something that's stuck with me for 8 years now about the dehumanization of slavery. Not just how it dehumanizes the slave, but also the master (he talks about how he used to be friends with the white kid who later became his master). Kid grew into a monster that was unrecognizable to the boy he used to be.

Maybe it should be obvious that slavery had to have negative effects on the slaveholder, but him writing that had a huge effect on me. How the hell can you justify doing something like that to another person? Who looks and talks and has a family and loves just like you? Not only do you have to break them down and make them believe you're not worthy...you also have to break something in yourself down. Disconnect yourself from your common humanity. I pity them in a way.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember the first time I heard of this I could not wrap my mind around having a family picnic with your kids around an event like this. Just sick! I read about the same type of thing for public executions--guillotine, and hangings....coliseum. Just disgusting to think of this as entertainment and G-rated activity. Says something about the human condition.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    yep, this is exactly how they kept the institution going. you have to normalize something like this. Ingrain another person's sub humanity into your mind at an early age.

when i'm reminded of stuff like this i always remember frederick douglass' narrative..he said something that's stuck with me for 8 years now about the dehumanization of slavery. not just how it dehumanizes the slave, but also the master (he talks about how he used to be friends with the white kid who later became his master). Kid grew into a monster that was unrecognizable to the boy he used to be.

maybe it should be obvious that slavery had to have negative effects on the slaveholder, but him writing that had a huge effect on me. How the hell can you justify doing something like that to another person? Who looks and talks and has a family and loves just like you? Not only do you have to break them down and make them believe you're not worthy...you also have to break something in yourself down. Disconnect yourself from your common humanity. I pity them in a way.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast