Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinning on my hairline

Hi, everyone.

I have a very slight widow's peak on my hairline. This area has always been a little thinner than the rest of my hair line, but not by much.

About a year ago, I thought the area looked more scalpy than usual. I was so worried, but my beau told me I was tripping and he didn't see anything out the normal. I didn't have any pictures of my hairline to compare, so I thought just maybe I was being paranoid and let it go.

Well, I washed my hair yesterday (I have a weave) and I lifted up my bang. I am DEFINITELY thinning at the peak. Now it has extended about an inch into my hair. It doesn't look horrible, but from a year ago to now, I know I'm starting to lose hair there.

I just don't know why. Even tho I get weaves, I don't get my hair braided too tightly, nor to I let them braid close to my edges. I'm 27. I eat right, I exercise, I take my vitamins. I wash and condition regularly. I did a quick search online, and this doesn't seem to be female pattern baldness, which starts in the crown area.

I know I have to go to the derm, but I'm wondering has anyone else experienced this kind of hair loss? This is very disheartening since it is right in the middle of hairline.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started using Hairobics a couple of months ago and I swear that I see progress. Yes, go to the doctor, but also Google the web site.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightnochaser View Post
    I started using Hairobics a couple of months ago and I swear that I see progress. Yes, go to the doctor, but also Google the web site.
    Thanks! I will check it out!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been wearing wigs (I'm natural) for a straight look and I have noticed that I have lost hair around the front part of my forehead and the temples. I wear a wig cap....why is this happening? Is it because of the wig itself or the comb that is attached at the front? Or both?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MyHairChroniclesCMC
    Hi, everyone.

I have a very slight widow's peak on my hairline. This area has always been a little thinner than the rest of my hair line, but not by much.

About a year ago, I thought the area looked more scalpy than usual. I was so worried, but my beau told me I was tripping and he didn't see anything out the normal. I didn't have any pictures of my hairline to compare, so I thought just maybe I was being paranoid and let it go.

Well, I washed my hair yesterday (I have a weave) and I lifted up my bang. I am DEFINITELY thinning at the peak. Now it has extended about an inch into my hair. It doesn't look horrible, but from a year ago to now, I know I'm starting to lose hair there.

I just don't know why. I eat right, I exercise, I take my vitamins. I wash and condition regularly.
    Me too. I wore a wig for a long time. I know that wig cap has something to do with it. I can notice the line across the front
    "I am not tragically colored." ~Zora Neale Hurston

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should try putting Jamaican Black Castor Oil on you scalp. I remember when I was relaxed, even natural I put that stuff on my scalp and noticed healthier fuller faster hair. I even put it on my eyelashes and they were thicker...but I don't recommend that lol. I think the whole process of messaging your scalp while putting a nourishing oil will stimulate blood flow in that area. Also, adding an essential oil like rosemary is also proven to stimulate hair growth.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I dont and have never worn a wig, from all the research that I have done, the friction from the wig could be causing breakage around the edges as well. I have experience with thin edges from years of braids, but when I went to the dermatologist, they started me on steroid injections and it made the temples fall out completely. When I called back up and went for follow up visits, the Dr insisted that the steroid injections were not making my hair worse but indeed it was. Several people on the Internet stated that the injections made their situation worse as well.

I know everyone is different, but please proceed with caution if your Dr recommends steroid injections.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the vitamin Biotin and an essential oil massage. You might have inflammation in that area and not know it. Definitely get a second opinion if you think there's something wrong and the dr isn't hearing you!! I gave my derm his walking papers and will see my new BLACK WOMAN derm this week!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been having the same issues with thinning around my edges and would welcome any advise. Thanks in advance!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear half wigs so my wig cap and the wig starts about 1 inch in from my hairline and my headband is also back to cover the wig line.

I make sure not to let anything rub my hair line and I swear by castor oil. Everyday, I massage my edges with castor oil, regular or jamaican they both work fine.

Until you get to a doctor, treat them as gentle as you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast