Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Nappturality's YT for Transitioners

I talk a little about Transitioning and such... and you should watch the video I have made on "hair typing" too.

Don't be afraid to post questions in here if you have any for me.

~Dee~
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last relaxer was almost 6 months ago. I had straightened my hair with a flat-iron twice over the first 2-3 months and then shampooed and wore a natural bun until it dried. On Easter weekend I shampooed, applied a leave-in conditioner and had 2-strand twist extentions put in. I used Nature's Blessing pomade on my scalp last week but I think I need a daily moisturizer or weekly conditioner. I had used Creme of Nature Leave-In but not since I've had the extensions. I also have Olive Oil at home, but what I use for cooking doesn't go in my hair...or does it.

Newby in Transitioning.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 28 weeks 4 days post relaxer...yeah I am counting down and I plan to BC on 05/21/11. I am a little nervous. I have not put any heat on my hair the whole time. I currently have box braids. I am using the She Moisture line and I love it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a question
    is vegetable oil ok 4 hair?
    Lola Likey:)
    Last Relaxer: 01-04-11
    BC: 01-04-13 (hopefully)
    Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lola it depends on your hair. I would prefer using jojoba oil over a standard vegetable oil on the hair. Too much oil can be detrimental. You have to try and see for yourself if veg oil works for you. The only oil I put directly on my scalp is jojoba.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A question about braids....you mention a couple times that they shouldn't be left in too long. How long is too long? I had a (really cute!) twisted updo that I wore for a couple of weeks, and now I have individuals that I will have had for 3 weeks when I take them out this weekend. I'm thinking that's ok - what's your opinion?

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wargoddess, too long is any longer than 3 - 4 weeks without taking them out and washing your hair. If they are put in too tightly and pulling on your hair then too long is 5 minutes.
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Transitioning

I am currently in my 10th month of transitioning I condition my hair twice a week and get the ends trimmed once a month.Even though my hair is moisturized daily it seem like I need something more for a daily moisturizer.Can you help me please?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive been transistioing for 5 months and i have the same problem. my hair is still dry yet i oil it everyday

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes dryness can be caused by simply not being hydrated enough. It is very simple and important that you keep your body hydrated. Make sure you are drinking enough water.

The problem could also be caused by buildup. If you have been using a lot of products on your hair, they may have built up on your hair which prevents moisture from penetrating.

Use a clarifying shampoo to strip the product off your hair, and follow up with a deep condish.

Another thing to consider is your water. If you do not have a filter on your water, the minerals in the water build up on your hair just like products do. Shower filters are cheap, and available to buy just about everywhere. Get one! You will notice the difference right away.
    ~Dee~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast