Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalliqa View Post
    Ummm that would be an.. uhhh experience.. as far as I know.. I've not heard of anyone doing areas like the bikini.. I was just stating that because of the results if it were possible.. I would..

I mean I've already suffered the indignity of a brazilian.. I figure if it were possible threading wouldn't be that much more of a stretch.. ^_^

I'm saying it.. I'm not sure if I believe it though.. :-/
    Awww hecky to the naw...the bikini area?!?! *shakes head furiously* Unnh uhh, naw, cant do it, not me, no ma'am. *walks away shaking head furiously and a scared look in my eyes*
    First set of locks: Sept. 14, 1999 - April 22, 2011
    Current set of locks: newly under way

Thank you Pank fairy for Panking me!!! Blessings to you! XOXOXO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalliqa View Post
    Ummm that would be an.. uhhh experience..
    Yah!! ... lots of nooks & crannies. I thought only flat surfaces. But if it can be achieved, why not? Just bring your own ice pack.

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I get is threading. I'm going to get mine done in a little bit. I got tired of being nicked from tweezers and being burned from wax and sanitation isn't really an issue. You see them pull the thread right from the spool. And razors are just a no go. It's also cheaper and quicker than tweezing or waxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    If you've got thicker brows, I'd think that would be better because, over time, that would thin them down.

I have to say I'd be nervous about it anywhere that didn't have a big population from the cultures known for doing it: Indian and Middle Eastern. Basically, if Becky or Ebonique come at me trying to thread, I'm running.
    Trust me, it doesn't thin anything down, LOL. After time they'll still grow in thick (sometimes it seems like they're thicker).

And I agree with you about not letting other folks do it and I've been getting threaded for about 6 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    They do other areas?
    I know the offer full body waxing in the salons I've been too but I'm not sure about threading the nether regions.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

G.Eve is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get my eyebrows done every 3 weeks. Ok my pain threshold is next to zero but my brows grow like mad n yes after years of threading, I still tear up. If they did do threading elsewhere, knowing me, I wld. Do it n cry me a river while at it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhop13 View Post
    All I get is threading. I'm going to get mine done in a little bit. I got tired of being nicked from tweezers and being burned from wax and sanitation isn't really an issue. You see them pull the thread right from the spool. And razors are just a no go. It's also cheaper and quicker than tweezing or waxing.

Trust me, it doesn't thin anything down, LOL. After time they'll still grow in thick (sometimes it seems like they're thicker).
    Anywhere I go for a Brazilian, I'm going to pay attention to how clean the place is. But I get that for threading it's not really as important.

I didn't know that about eyebrows! They don't get thinner over time? I guess not though as the errant hairs I pluck always seem to come right back. My ignorance brow hair has been corrected.
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 04-09-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would think they'd get thinner and I've heard that some folks do but I must have some super resistant eyebrows, lol. I began to use them as a test for whoever does them...if I have to draw or do any filling in then the person doesn't know what they're doing (and I have a scar in the middle of one). I noticed a lot of the people that thread have thick eyebrows so I figured they'd get me. Black folks were always butchering my eyebrows...had me walking around looking crazy!
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threading. My favorite! I will only wax in desperation.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threading fan here. I don't find it painful just feels like a slight pinch. I must have a low pain threshold or tough eyebrow skin.
    http://public.fotki.com/Lockyladyden

Join date March 2004
    Locks installed 12/2005.
    Go PANK you know you want to...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my eyebrows threaded just after Christmas and it was not at all painful. A slight pulling sensation at worst. The amount of pain you suffer depends on you pain threshold and the person who is threading

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely love threading. I actually have a membership with this one place were I will get it done every two weeks. I love the neatness of it. So on point. Did the upper lip once and will never do that again pure pain. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast