Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Facial Threading, Anyone ?

I do not like plucking my eyebrows, and have not been successful with waxing. I got my eyebrows threaded a few months ago and like them. This technican was Near Eastern (Indian/Pakistani). The second time, though, I was serviced by an Asian woman, who threaded my eyebrows really thin. (Evenly, but very thin.)

Does anyone else get their face threaded ? What has been your experience ?
    Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
    - George Bernard Shaw

How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
    - William Shakespeare

You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without victims.
    - Harriet Woods

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my eyebrows threaded a few hours ago. Ive had it done several times before and it was SOO UNCOMFORTABLE, i would tear up horribley. I still teared up today, but it wasnt as bad as it has been. It pays to find someone who has done it for 20+ years.

I love getting my eyebrows threaded...i love the precision, i love the look, i love the sleekness.

The very first time i got my eyebrows threaded, let her do my upper lip too.....OH, NEVER.AGAIN.

That was some TRUE uncomfortable pain right there-ah.
    First set of locks: Sept. 14, 1999 - April 22, 2011
    Current set of locks: newly under way

Thank you Pank fairy for Panking me!!! Blessings to you! XOXOXO

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember watching a youtube video with a girl showing how to thread your own eyebrows. I tried it and FAILED lmao.
    I've never done threading, my eyebrows don't really grow in anyways I have to draw them on as it is, but if they did I'd try it
    My Hair Journey: http://public.fotki.com/Samiah90/

~*.*~ONE YEAR NATURAL! ~*.*~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dovechild20 View Post
    ....The very first time i got my eyebrows threaded, let her do my upper lip too.....OH, NEVER.AGAIN.

Did you have any spectators?
    After having my brows cut up by a makeup artist , I opted for threading. It was new, safe and a few women wanted to try, but wasn't brave enough to be guinea pigs, so I went first. If I endure tweezing, this couldn't be bad. The threading was tolerable, but I teared in each eye which scared away some patrons. The results were okay. I wanted a thicker shape, but my brows aren't thick. By the second brow, all the patrons left and in came a sista with Groucho Marx brows. I admired the thickness, wanted to witness her procedure, but said good luck when I left.
    I couldn't imagine threading the upper lip... those tears would have been real. Now I shape up by tweezing and opt for threading on occasions.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do threading now. However, not regularly. My brows are managed well enough with just a bit of plucking. I'll just do a bit extra sometimes. I just remember one time I got my brows arched and I looked like the Joker (thank goodness there were no pics from that phase).

If you've got thicker brows, I'd think that would be better because, over time, that would thin them down.

I have to say I'd be nervous about it anywhere that didn't have a big population from the cultures known for doing it: Indian and Middle Eastern. Basically, if Becky or Ebonique come at me trying to thread, I'm running.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dovechild20 View Post
    I got my eyebrows threaded a few hours ago. Ive had it done several times before and it was SOO UNCOMFORTABLE, i would tear up horribley. I still teared up today, but it wasnt as bad as it has been. It pays to find someone who has done it for 20+ years.

I love getting my eyebrows threaded...i love the precision, i love the look, i love the sleekness.

The very first time i got my eyebrows threaded, let her do my upper lip too.....OH, NEVER.AGAIN.

This is exactly my experience.. and I do it for all the reasons mentioned above..

I got my upper lip threaded and I didn't tear up.. I cried.. she got one fourth the way and I stopped her.. and I have barely visible upper lip hair (thank GOD, I wish the hair on my legs was as sparse *curses*)

But my eyebrows are always done so beautifully.. :-)

I really want to develop the tolerance to do my upper lip.. but that isht hurts.. (I'd get my entire leg and bikini done if I could.. no waxing.. no shaving.. no ripping... no excessive pulling.. and it stays gone.. alas it is currently not done..)
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    ...., if Becky or Ebonique come at me trying to thread, I'm running.
    They could be trained. I observe how they do threading. I'm not sold by prone folks. Asians are known for manicures and other beauty treatments. Yet women get nail fungus and eyes shut or infections from lashes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    They could be trained. I observe how they do threading. I'm not sold by prone folks. Asians are known for manicures and other beauty treatments. Yet women get nail fungus and eyes shut or infections from lashes.
    Of course, they could be trained. I had my hair braided by Koreans for years, so I understand that. I'm simply saying that because I'm new to it that makes me more comfortable.

In NYC there are a lot of shops here that do it are hair removal only, so, for those, I'm going to be very careful. Actually, when I went to one I got my brows threaded in the front of the shop and then went to a private room for a Brazilian wax (which isn't what they're known for either).

The place was clean and hygienic. It was in the Financial District, so the women who come in there don't play and can easily leave if they think the place is sub par.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalliqa View Post
    ....(I'd get my entire leg and bikini done if I could.. no waxing.. no shaving.. no ripping... no excessive pulling.. and it stays gone.. alas it is currently not done..)
    They do other areas?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzziwuz View Post
    They do other areas?
    Ummm that would be an.. uhhh experience.. as far as I know.. I've not heard of anyone doing areas like the bikini.. I was just stating that because of the results if it were possible.. I would..

I mean I've already suffered the indignity of a brazilian.. I figure if it were possible threading wouldn't be that much more of a stretch.. ^_^

I'm saying it.. I'm not sure if I believe it though.. :-/
    "Life is an unfoldment, and the further we travel the more truth we can comprehend. To understand the things that are at our door is the best preparation for understanding those that lie beyond." ~ Hypatia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast