Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish plant pots were cheaper so I could give my aloe vera babies away. I don't have enough window space to keep everyone happy and thriving.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap flatware makes me sad inside. Same with cheap window treatments. HATE 'EM!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could really use a bookcase. Something with plenty of room to display my current and future books. Then free up my footlocker for other things.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP**************************

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know snakes are common in this area but we've lived here 4 years and have never seen a snake. Now we see 2 in the space of about a month. See this is why my garden didn't get started last year....the thought of walking out there to tend my garden and seeing a snake curled up in there...I can't.

I have a years worth of leaves on the side and in the back yard. I really need to find some energy to get out there and rake.
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to move out of the dorms and into an apartment. I'm tired of have TP wars with my suitemates.

As soon as I get my own kitchen I'm cooking a huge meal. Honey porkchops, garlic mashed potatoes, biscuits, watermelon strawberry lemonade, blueberry upside-down cake...... Dang. Now I'm hungry

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen snake...you are NOT welcome on my patio! That is too d#*n close to the front door. I will be picking up some moth balls...my yard will look like it's snowing
    Formerly known as New2natural1

April 4th--2 years fully natural

Thanks for Panking me!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White lamp shade or clear lamp shade? hmmm.

Need to finish this painting to place over may bed. The bedroom is looking very lackluster lately.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally, I'll break ground on some version of my dream home by 2018. Here's the current rough draft that I've put together. I'm in the dreaming/conceptual phase rather than fulltime networking, negotiating, and sound architecture. I do have most of the specific rooms mapped out a bit too, but it's all very rough and too much to drop here.

The "why not?" part, from my perspective, will be energy independence. Ideally, I can use my home at my leisure offgrid. I especially want to have refrigeration, hot water, and heated master bathroom (floor and toilet seat) sustainable offgrid. The other goal is to keep the estate looking fairly residential despite the businesses within. It's a one bedroom residential/home business/hobbyist complex. If I can grow enough food to feed myself without buying from grocery stores, rather than paying someone to tend to the garden, that would be awesome.

If anyone else is striving toward energy independent residential design, growing your own food, and/or redesigning your home to centralize your businesses onsite, I'd love to share ideas, insights, and such.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Intellexual; 12-26-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    If your import amid discussion is to ridicule, sabotage, and/or dismiss, you will no longer receive the privilege of my attention. Passive aggressive behaviors are a defense mechanism of oppressed and ultimately even self-defeated persons. Disregarding and/or ridiculing the concerns of others doesn't legitimize or address your own. You have betrayed a critical trust I must have in you that you are engaging or asking of me to enhance each of our perspectives rather than ridicule mine or reaffirm your own biases. Express your own concerns and/or support your own ideals. Your antics reek of repression and aren't constructive.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that most of your living quarters are going to be on the basement level. Make sure to not cut any corners in making sure that the construction is water-tight. Don't just take for granted that the builder or whoever is doing the construction is going to do more than an average job at waterproofing the area.

Nothing worse than sleeping/working in a vaguely damp or mildew-y space...especially of you have allergies. Or worse yet waking up to outright flooding after it rains cause your sump-pump failed. #askmehowiknow

11. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast