Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation How often do you co-wash? Deep condition?

Hi, I'm new to being natural and I'm wondering how often you all co-wash and deep condition? I'm curious if deep conditioning to often is bad? And I think co-washing everyday makes my scalp a lil more itchy.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash, on average, once every 3-4 days. I alternate between co-washing and washing with a sulfate free shampoo.

For co-washing, you need to be careful with the conditioner you choose. Choose the wrong type of conditioner and you will experience a lot of buildup. Your co-wash conditioner should be a low-deposit conditioner (typically the cheap and runny kind). Although I massage my scalp when doing a co-wash, I don't apply the conditioner directly to my scalp.
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

canidoit is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to follow the general rule; DC 1-2x a week, but that's just too time consuming, and I like to wash n go, not wash, n wait. However since I cowash every other day and am constantly spritzing w/ water, my hair doesn't need DC that many times. I might do it once very two weeks. My hair feels and acts the same as when i DC 1-2x a week. I highly believe cowashing daily to every other day gives your hair the moisture it needs.
    Transitioned for 7.5 months. Now I'm FREE!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deep condition with a protein condish for 1hour 2x a week. I use mayo. Some times I will add regular conditioner to it. My hair and scalp love mayo. I don't co wash. It does not work for me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I co wash in the spring about every other day due to the pollen here in the south. During summer months I do it about ever 3-4 days. I DC once a month though. I slap the conditioner on and put a plastic cap on while I clean then rinse. My hair loves the DC.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I first bc'd I co washed daily. Now I co wash every 2-3 days and deep condition once a week or every two depending on how I feel. I'm sure my co washing will continue to stretch over a few more days as my hair gets longer.

If your scalp is itching, you may be using conditioner with ingredients that your scalp hates. Once I stopped using the ingredients on the no list I am now sensitive to them. I went for a cut and let the stylist use his own products. I could not wait to get home to wash my hair. I didn't know my scalp could itch like that!
    I love my hair like I love my 1 year old nephew. He's so hard headed, but so dang on cute!

Last CFC 5-22-10
    BC 8-22-10

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do deep condition once a week and shampoo maybe 3x a month

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo once a week, co-wash when I feel like my hair is kinda dirty, but not dirty enough for shampoo. I deep condition once a week, on shampoo day. Although I am thinking of trying this wash and go thing, I really think my hair could use more moisture.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo once every 2-4 weeks. I don't really have a set routine. I may wash more often that that if need, but I tend to reserve co-washes for those times. I also experienced itchy scalp with frequent co-washes. I rinse my hair (without product) at least once a week. I deep condition once a month, at most.
    My fotki
    public.fotki.com/secretsofyayamotherhood/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

co-wash and dc twice a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast