Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Loc Buddy needed!!! If u dont mind having a across the seas buddy!!

Hiya ladies,

My name is Mulenga, I am looking for a loc buddy!!!! i live in england and i think nappturality is great!!!!

I have been starting and restarting my locking process for about 2 months now (due to wanting it to be a particular size, partings etc!!! u know the drill!!!

well April 29th makes it my final and official beginning of my journey. I started with 2 strand-twists and i would like a buddy who i can regularly keep in contact with and look for and give support!!!

looking forward to a great friendship x

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mulenga,
    I'm nearly a year in but if you don't mind, I can be your lock buddy And I'm in England too.. PM me if this is alright with you
    ~Ghanaian princess~
    My Loc Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hiya!!!! I am still trying to get used to navigating on this website so apologies for not responding earlier BUT...............................................

YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY!!!! that would be great!!!

Thanks

I am 3 weeks into my loc journey i started with small and some of them skinky 2 strand twists

How did u u get through the first month when u started??

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NP. With my first set, it was kinda hard because I didn't know much about locs, they were started by a friend and I wasnt 100% crazy about his partings or the size they came out. You can click on the link in my siggy to go to my blog, I spoke about it there. I'm sorry, I'm not great with general questions, I get stuck and don't know what to say. What particular issues are you having?
    ~Ghanaian princess~
    My Loc Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have finally got my parts (well the majority of them) and size the way that i would like then to be but know am thinking are they a lil too small??? Especially when i like re-twist one fron the root, it look really skinny. I would like to know at what stage/month do your locs start to thicken out?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well size is a matter of personal preference unless the loc's health is being compromised. I have a couple of skinny locs I've had to let live because there isn't one next to them I can combine with. In the beginning I didn't notice them though.. My locs started to thicken out around month 3/4.. that's when I really noticed the transformation
    ~Ghanaian princess~
    My Loc Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that means that i have got some time!!!! However one thing that everyone says is having patience with your hair and i guess as im not a patient person it is really hard for me BUT i am dtermined to get there.

You must send me some pics for inspiration!!!!

What was your main reason for locking up??

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, yes patience is the key. I know it's hard; sometimes I get impatient but only time will form the locs. I decided to loc after joining this site and seeing all the gorgeous pics of locs. Personally I feel like I need to do it now, loose hair is easier to get than locs IMO. Best do it when I'm young. You can click on the link in my signature to go to my blog, I have pictures there
    ~Ghanaian princess~
    My Loc Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Loc buddy

hey, just loc'd my hair this past Friday, loc buddy sounds like something the dr ordered! let me know!

Lady t

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CONGRATS! I have been loced three years and I love my babies. They are happy and healthy. Along your journey I would recommend a few things: use natural shampoos without chemicals if possible I like Tom's of Maine body wash as a shampoo, my hair loves it and responds to it happily. Also, spritz regularly; like rosemary and lavender because it makes my hair grow and keeps bacteria at bay. Third, I recommend a sealant like castor oil to keep the hair moist. Just some ideas I picked up along the way. Happy locing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast