Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pro-breastfeeding, breastfed my first for a year, and went through some "extreme" measures to breastfeed my second for 9 months (at which point I had to give up for my own health).

But I also firmly believe you need to do what works for you. Do not put yourself under pressure and scrutiny...if you're that uncomfortable with breastfeeding, then formula is a viable option.

Do what works for you, and don't worry about anything else.
    I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.

Impy! is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im on the fence about it i know it's good for em but why you gotta sag me, but im hoping it helps with the baby weight loss post urteral expulsion. I've enough weight issues w/o adding baby weight that won't go away.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, so sorry to hear this. Breast milk is best, but if you are still distressed over it after birth then do what's best for you! That distress will affect the baby and the rest of the family. Breast milk is best, but you have to do what's best for you and the baby. If you don't like breast feeding, your baby won't either.

I endured six months of excruciating pain before I finally gave my first child a bottle. I cried about that too. But she was ok. She preferred the bottle. Nursing time was unpleasant for mommy and baby. She was tongue tied and was using her gums to get milk (not good for mommy or baby). I wanted to give my child what was best, but looking back I would have saved my family a lot of heartache if I had given her a bottle sooner. I am not advocating bottle or breast. Just saying that you have to figure out what works best, not just for baby but for you also. be blessed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what to say to get you pass thinking you'd feel aroused, but you should at least try it. If you still find it to be uncomfortable then just switch to a pump.
    Follow me on twitter @LooseCoilz

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialGT View Post
    Im on the fence about it i know it's good for em but why you gotta sag me, but im hoping it helps with the baby weight loss post urteral expulsion. I've enough weight issues w/o adding baby weight that won't go away.
    I breastfed "K" until she was about 10 mos old and my didn't sag before and they're not saggy now. If anything to me they're fuller. But as far as the weight I was 161 lbs when I went into labor with her 3 weeks later I was 138 pounds. All I can say is that when and if you decide to have a child just eat right drink plenty of water and exercise that's what helped me lose the excess weight.
    Just want to say thank you to my fairy PANKGodmother for making me PANK!Time to update my ignore list

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialGT View Post
    Any breast changes that occur happen because of the pregnancy itself, not breastfeeding. And it really does help with losing weight and the uterus shrinking back to normal quickly. You can burn up to 500 calories a day nursing.
    BC: Spring 2000

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you dont like it then don't do it. it's 2011 and you *i assume* live in a society where you have the means and capability to get your food and other food for your baby.

i wasn't breast fed and was raised on homemade baby food (ie we'll just take what the adults are eating and chop it up real fine ) and i turned out pretty healthy

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate everyone's input and the linkss provided were helpful. It raised concerns I think I was putting off. Being a sexual abuse and sexual assault victim plays a role I think I've been trying to avoid.

My child deserves the best from me so I'm going to get help....

Again, thank you all for the encouragement!
    Last relaxer : May 08
    BC : January 2, 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Power of Breastfeeding - here's a link to a blog post of a woman who was molested as a child, and went on to have a great nursing relationship with her children and allow the breastfeeding experience to provide some healing for her

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question- is there a big difference in pumping your breastmilk and bottle feeding it to baby and feeding directly from breast? b/c usually when these discussions about not wanting to breastfeed people usually chime in with how important the nutrition is for the baby. can baby get the same nutrients from bottled breast milk?
    Last edited by NEW-NAPS; 09-28-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    LYE FREE: MAY '05
    LOC'D: APR '08

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast