Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats!!!!
    Just want to say thank you to my fairy PANKGodmother for making me PANK!Time to update my ignore list

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really glad things worked out for you!
    BC: Spring 2000

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been reading this, had nothing to add because I was just learning. Had no clue but now I do have something to add: I am happy for you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP***************

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGiveup View Post
    I've breast fed all 5 of my babies for about a year each time--and I NEVER felt sexually aroused. Matter of fact nursing makes me have nothing but mommy thoughts. In fact, I'm very attracted to my husband but he understands that I don't even like for him to look my way when I'm nursing because the two just don't mix--for me. Period.

Sex is more than physical stimulation. I don't know about the women you read about in the forums, but when I am nursing my babies I look at them as my babies nothing sexy whatsoever. At times the release from having the baby nurse after holding milk for too long can feel good--but in the same way it feels good to have a bowel movement after holding it for too long. Sorry to use such a raw example--but there it is! I have sweet mommy feelings of how much I love my baby and how nice it is to have him/her close to me and finally get a moment to just bask in all their wonderful baby sweetest--but that is all.

Now the sexual assault issue a whole other hurdle. So sorry you went through that. Sounds like you need more time for healing. If you just can't overcome it--pumping is a good idea. Just do your best! I hope you succeed in breastfeeding.
    ^I totally agree everything you said, NeverGiveup! I just LOVED the maternal feelings I experienced while breastfeeding all 5 of mine (a couple of them for well over a year

Quote Originally Posted by trudiva04 View Post
    so i know this is super late and nobody really cares but i felt like updating anyway.

I had my baby boy and we both took to breastfeeding right away! It wasn't sexual or anything i though (or feared) it would be. He latched on at the first try and it's been great.

Kenyon is now 5 months old and I only JUST stopped breastdeeding a week ago (reluctantly). He had only gained 2 pounds in 4 months so we had to start supplementing with formula and put him on bottles because I don't produce enough. But I still pump evey 3 hours so a majority of his diet is still breastmilk so Yay me!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!
    ^^I am soooo happy for you!! I just saw this thread today, but as I was reading through the earlier posts, I was praying that it had gone well for you, and I'm so glad you posted an update!! Yay for you and baby Kenyon!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump********

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so i'm not actually against it, I just don't think I can do it.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and the idea of breastfeeding is freaking me out. I'm really ashamed and embarrassed but wanted to know if anyone else ever felt like this and how do i get over it.

To put it frankly, my breasts are sexual. That's all they have been used for my entire life. I don't want to be aroused by my child. It freaks me out thinking about my son or daughter sucking on my breasts. And i feel terrible because i know breastmilk is best and I want to give my child the best but i can't get past this.

I was reading a few parenting forums and women admit to feeling aroused while breastfeeding but hey just "ignore it". HOW? The very idea is making my skin crawl. Any time i see another woman doing it, i feel uncomfortable. Like i shouldn't be seeing this. It is creepy and just seems wrong. But I know that is ridiculous. Breastfeeding is natural and normal and what they were made for but still....

I'm a sexual assualt survivor. I was raped as a child and as an adult so I know you can't stop sensations in your body no matter how hard you try. And being aroused by my child is a feeling i do not want to have.

What do I do?! How do I move past this? Has anyone else had this feling or am I crazy?

Please help........
    OMG, I feel like this is me before I had my baby. Let me tell you honey I felt the exact same way you did. I also didnt want to be inconvenienced and I thought a whole lot of things. But my boyfriend kept encouraging me to try it for the baby's sake. The doctors and everybody extolled the virtues of breastfeeding and how much better it was for your baby. The convenience, the ease so I decided totake the plunge. I never breast fed with my first child and never thought I'd have another child, well fast forward 19 years later and here I was with a baby on the way.

I feared it would arouse me but you know what? It didn't. As a matter of fact, for me(maybe its just me) but his sucking doesn't arouse me at all its a whole nother feeling that I can't explain, it's like, ok...down to business. It doesnt feel good and as a matter of fact for the first couple months my nipples hurt like HELL! Now that we've got it down pat the nipples don't hurt but it's still not sexual. However I will say this. I found it interesting that I cannot stand for my boyfriend to touch them. AT ALL. It feels weird to be aroused there because it makes my nipples tingle like I'm about to nurse my baby and that was just waaaaay to weird a sensation for me to deal with. So I told him he can NOT touch my breasts until after I've stopped nursing.

Please keep us informed of your decision. I was once against breastfeeding, now I'm a staunch advocate. My baby is healthy and the baby weight (plus weight from years before) fell off like nobody's business honey! Breastfeeding is a great great way to lose weight!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i know this is super late and nobody really cares but i felt like updating anyway.

I had my baby boy and we both took to breastfeeding right away! It wasn't sexual or anything i though (or feared) it would be. He latched on at the first try and it's been great.

Kenyon is now 5 months old and I only JUST stopped breastdeeding a week ago (reluctantly). He had only gained 2 pounds in 4 months so we had to start supplementing with formula and put him on bottles because I don't produce enough. But I still pump evey 3 hours so a majority of his diet is still breastmilk so Yay me!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!
    Congratulations!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I'm Against Breastfeeding

Ok so i'm not actually against it, I just don't think I can do it.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and the idea of breastfeeding is freaking me out. I'm really ashamed and embarrassed but wanted to know if anyone else ever felt like this and how do i get over it.

To put it frankly, my breasts are sexual. That's all they have been used for my entire life. I don't want to be aroused by my child. It freaks me out thinking about my son or daughter sucking on my breasts. And i feel terrible because i know breastmilk is best and I want to give my child the best but i can't get past this.

I was reading a few parenting forums and women admit to feeling aroused while breastfeeding but hey just "ignore it". HOW? The very idea is making my skin crawl. Any time i see another woman doing it, i feel uncomfortable. Like i shouldn't be seeing this. It is creepy and just seems wrong. But I know that is ridiculous. Breastfeeding is natural and normal and what they were made for but still....

I'm a sexual assualt survivor. I was raped as a child and as an adult so I know you can't stop sensations in your body no matter how hard you try. And being aroused by my child is a feeling i do not want to have.

What do I do?! How do I move past this? Has anyone else had this feling or am I crazy?

Please help........
    very brave...
    Palm Rolling... 125 locs... Nature's Protein Gelee

Naturals Salon & Spa... http://gotlocsva.com/

http://www.afropedea.org/pics

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234