Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Sunscreen causes ACNE..I'm screwed.

I've posted a thread about my acne a couple of weeks ago so sorry is you guys are tired of my whining.

This is my current skin regime: Yes to Tomatoes Daily Acne Pore Scrub in the morning and at night. I put on Coppertone's Sensitive Skin Sunscreen for the face (those products are NOT cheap). Now, I've pretty much have ALWAYS looked like a cheese pizza and on top of that my skin is stupid sensitive. I wear sunscreen on my face so that the sun won't worsen my breakouts and so that I won't be skin cancer-ed and wrinkly (that's just not cute).

I was doing some research and long story short I found out that sunscreen actually clogs your pores and irritates acne and essentially makes it worse. I literally found this out 5 minutes ago and I kinda feel like I've been smacked in the face.

I read that Vitamin A may help with acne in the summer time but I'm scared that if I go outside in the sun with no SPF protecting my face I'll an nasty prune when I'm 30.

So confused about what i should do...
    "Don't let the opinion of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand." -Robert G. Allen

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try Aveeno Ultra-calming daily moisturizer it has spf 15. The calming part helps to decrease the inflammation of acne. Its not cheap but it will last. HTH
    "I live, I love, I slay and I am content"-Conan

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are a few lines that have moisturizers with SPF in them. That may be your best bet.
    GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you scrubbing your face twice daily with a pore scrub if you have sensitive skin? That may be what is causing your breakouts. Also, is that suncreen made for the face? Is it non comedogenic?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should be very gentle with your face. I've learned that scrubbing my skin makes my acne a lot worse. I use Cetaphil twice a day to clean my face and I substitute my Clean and Clear face scrub twice a week. You shouldn't over-exfoliate. I also use a toner for my skin too. The next step is the most important step! Make sure you are applying moisturizer too. I have oily skin and I use a moisturizer and my skin looks a lot better. I also agree with @detshorty05 about using a sunscreen that shouldn't clog your pores.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, please be very gentle with your skin and minimize scrubbing it as much as possible. There are some really good, non-comedogenic, facial moisturizers with sunscreen in it you can wear to go out (and I'm pretty sure Coppertone would not be a good choice).
    Where there's a will, there's a way (my blog about living naturally and simply, mothering, and homemaking)

Lady FT is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deborahG View Post
    I use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer and mist my face with rose water---it is excellent for sensitive skin.
    I'm going to try aloe vera gel as a moisturizer!

OP- I have a bad reaction to sunscreen as well. If you are going to be out in the sun for a long period wear a wide brim hat. I have a couple of really cute ones. You can even find hats that have UV ray protection in them.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah leave the scrub alone. For a gentler version use baking soda instead.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, don't scrub. That irritates the skin. Wash gently, very gently.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if your spf is irritating you why don't you try a natural mineral spf. They are just as effective as topical spf's. Bare Escentuals has a great spf powder that comes in a brush that you can take with you and reapply as you like under and over your makeup. Peter Thomas Roth also makes a great mineral spf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast