Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looses Nappies Who SHAMPOO Frequently

So I had stopped doing weekly shampoos because rumor was that they dried out the hair. So I did ACV rinses followed by a DC weekly instead. My hair was not happy with me. It was dry and lifeless.

Keep in mind that I was not putting product in my hair on any other day than on wash days. Every other day all I put in my hair was water.

So today I decided to shampoo (with KC no sulfates, no parabens etc the good stuff lol) and I gotta tell ya, my hair looked great. It didnt feel all soft and soggy like after a co wash or no-poo (I hate that feeling), but it felt thick and strong, and nappy like I like it, but it was still moisturized. I almost didnt want to condition it cuz I liked the feeling so much lol

So I decided I'm gonna keep shampooing every week. I just wanna know if there are any other loose nappies who shampoo frequently instead of co wash etc? I know shampooing isn't exacly popular with the loose nappies but it makes my hair feel great.

Basal is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

errr... i just realized that my title says "looses" instead of loose and its bothering me. Please forgive me and dont judge me off of that lol. Honest mistake

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo 2-3 times a week sometimes(because it feels a little oily sometimes). My hair doesn't feel dry after. If it works for you go ahead.

But most times, I shampoo once a week too.
    ~2011 Average Length Check... Current Goal: Chin Length
    Jan: 5 inches May: 6.5 again
    Feb: 6.5 inches
    Mar: ~TRIM~
    Apr: No Check

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo with a sulfate-free shampoo once a week (loving the sheamoisture shampoos right now; these shampoos are actually moisturizing to my hair versus some that sulfate-free or not, strip my hair). My hair feels dirty if I go too long without shampooing. It works for me! I rarely co-wash.
    Last edited by L80sbabygirl; 06-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.
    Last relaxer: June 24, 2003
    Big Chop: August 12, 2003

chun87 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo condition and deep condition every Sunday with SheaMoisture products and my hair loves it...... You have to do whats best for your hair cause every persons hair is unique and acts differently

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typically shampoo and deep condition once a week unless I have a style I want to preserve for two weeks. That's been working fine for me.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I may be the only chick out here who doesn't have a regular hair schedule, lol. If it feels dirty, I'll shampoo it (generally once a week, but sometimes once every two weeks or every other day). If I'm bored, stressed, or depressed, I'll just rinse, maybe condition and just play in it. I tried going shampoo-free, but I have a seriously oily scalp and I live somewhere south of the devil's colon, so shampoo is a MUST.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Nope, you're not alone! I let my hair tell me when it is ready for a shampoo, dc, or whatever. Even if I did have a schedule, I'd never be able to stick to it.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I discovered shampoo sometime last month, and I must say I'm made that I thought cowashing was the end all be all for natural hair . I've used a couple of shampoos, and so far, Suave Tropical Coconut is my staple. It has sulfates and everything else, but actually moisturizes my hair. I've used it everyday for a week, and have even shampooed twice in the same day . As long as I use Suave- no dry hair! I think my hair is more defined and retains moisture better than cowashing alone. Also I still don't DC .
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i shampoo once a week and cowash 3-5 days the rest of the week, whenever i get to it. the main reasons i wash so frequently is because i'm doing crazy workouts and also because i like having sweet smelling hair.

no issues with dryness but i also use non sulfate shampoos. i use oyin honey wash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast